Darlington 1883 vs Spennymoor Town - play offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been a regular there for 4 years. Despite the strip and the run-out music there is no Newcastle allegiance there. In fact they've had a still have quite a few ex-Sunderland players

I will probably have a look as its only 5 or 6 mile away. After watching the crap served up at Sunderland the last few year, I`ve been toying with maybe just splitting my time between sunderland and darlo, would make for a less stressful saturday i would imagine

Good luck to both of them. Need more NE teams in levels 5-8 in the pyramid system. Crazy that Oxford City,Worcester, Gloucester and Lowestoft are in the Conference North.

Good luck to both of them. Need more NE teams in levels 5-8 in the pyramid system. Crazy that Oxford City,Worcester, Gloucester and Lowestoft are in the Conference North.

Agreed - shame it didn't work for Durham City and even Blue Star. Anyone know if Marske or Shildon have applied / are in line for promotion this season?

@tynevalleyblackcat

Brackley anarl. I didn't know what you meant at first, i thought you meant that it was somehow crazy they were at that level rather than geographical reasons :lol:

If it has to be one or the other then Spennymoor for me as my parents came from there (actually dad was from Tudhoe).

Anyway, Bromley promoted to the Conference for the first time today, and hope Welling stay up after their result today too, should be a couple of interesting derbies next year.

Living in spenny it's got be a win for us, although Darlo do seem to get the better when we play.

I'd rather spenny win tbh, not only coming from there but when they played York at one of the last games at the Northern echo arena and they where begging for people to go and watch I took the Mrs and it skinned me 60quid for the tickets and parking then I saw people there in our and mag shirt getting twisted at by their fans I thought fook if you horrible gits

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/tables.php

Looking nailed on now.

Darlington have seemingly bottled the title for the 2nd successive season after drawing today and now trail Salford by 5 points with just 2 to play (Salford only have one match). Darlo would have to win their 2 remaining games and an in form Salford would have to drop points in their final match to stop Darlo finishing 2nd. Spennymoor are guaranteed to finish 5th, so assuming the above unlikely scenario doesn't happen, it will be Darlo vs Moors in a one leg play off match with Darlo having 'home' advantage (not sure if they play in Darlington these days).

The match will take place Tues 28th April at 7.45, so a very quick turnaround after the league campaign concludes next Saturday.

Any locals on here thinking about going to that game or have an interest in either side?

Hope Darlo make it.
Going to Feethams on the train was my first ever experience in the NE.
Would be good to see them back in the big time after that Reynolds fella ripped the heart and soul out of the club.

Never understand this attitude at all. The proper Darlo fans don't give a fuck about anyone but Darlo.

Plenty of plastic Mags in Darlo, as I have documented regularly on this board. However, you are 100% right with regards to the proper Darlo fans, they couldn't give a shite about anyone else but Darlo.

Glad our youth system is paying off! ;)

Aye indeed :lol:

I will probably have a look as its only 5 or 6 mile away. After watching the crap served up at Sunderland the last few year, I`ve been toying with maybe just splitting my time between sunderland and darlo, would make for a less stressful saturday i would imagine

Despite Martin Gray being a complete arsehole they do play good football. As do Spennymoor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back