Darlington 1883 vs Spennymoor Town - play offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/tables.php

Looking nailed on now.

Darlington have seemingly bottled the title for the 2nd successive season after drawing today and now trail Salford by 5 points with just 2 to play (Salford only have one match). Darlo would have to win their 2 remaining games and an in form Salford would have to drop points in their final match to stop Darlo finishing 2nd. Spennymoor are guaranteed to finish 5th, so assuming the above unlikely scenario doesn't happen, it will be Darlo vs Moors in a one leg play off match with Darlo having 'home' advantage (not sure if they play in Darlington these days).

The match will take place Tues 28th April at 7.45, so a very quick turnaround after the league campaign concludes next Saturday.

Any locals on here thinking about going to that game or have an interest in either side?

Last edited:

Looking nailed on now.

Darlington have seemingly bottled the title for the 2nd successive season after drawing today and now trail Salford by 5 points with just 2 to play (Salford only have one match). Darlo would have to win their 2 remaining games and an in form Salford would have to drop points in their final match to stop Darlo finishing 2nd. Spennymoor are guaranteed to finish 5th, so assuming the above unlikely secenario doesn't happen, it will be Darlo vs Moors in a one leg play off match with Darlo having 'home' advantage (not sure if they play in Darlington these days).

The match will take place Tues 28th April at 7.45, so a very quick turnaround after the league campaign concludes next Saturday.

Any locals on here thinking about going to that game or has an interest in either side?

You f***ing love it you marra, one of the best posters on here imo

Gutted for Darlo today like, looking unlikely that Salford will fuck up now.

Darlo have a good record against Spenny but in a one off playoff owt can happen!

Hope Scarborough go up but looks unlikely.
Can't mate, 5th is the cut off point.

Used to like Scarborough back in the day when they were in the league as i used to go there a fair bit for weekends as a young'un (the resort anyway).

When I read one of your threads I know its going to be throughly imforming :lol:
:lol:

Gutted for Darlo today like, looking unlikely that Salford will fuck up now.

Darlo have a good record against Spenny but in a one off playoff owt can happen!
Aye mate, i know Salford have the budget but they have gone on some run and Darlo had that stuttering spell of defeats about a month ago which ultimately looks like it has cost them. Still, a big game in prospect and one of them will get to the final. Do you live in Darlington?

Last edited:

Used to like Scarborough back in the day when they were in the league as i used to go there a fair bit for weekends as a young'un (the resort anyway).

:lol:

Aye mate, i know Salford have the budget but they have gone on some run and Darlo had that stuttering spell of defeats about a month ago which ultimately looks like it has cost them. Still, a big game in prospect and one of them will get to the final. Do you live in Darlington?

16 wins from 18 games according to a Darlo forum I was reading earlier. Darlo had the games in hand but fucked them up and ultimately it looks as if they're going to pay the price for some sloppy results.

Id have loved to see both Darlo and Spenny move up another level cause we're not greatly represented in non league football above the Northern League.

Nah mate, Im from Durham but I'd like to see Darlo make their way back through the pyramid.

You f***ing love it you marra, one of the best posters on here imo

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are Salford bankrolled by some of the ex-man united players ? or have i dreamt that :confused:

Looking nailed on now.

Darlington have seemingly bottled the title for the 2nd successive season after drawing today and now trail Salford by 5 points with just 2 to play (Salford only have one match). Darlo would have to win their 2 remaining games and an in form Salford would have to drop points in their final match to stop Darlo finishing 2nd. Spennymoor are guaranteed to finish 5th, so assuming the above unlikely scenario doesn't happen, it will be Darlo vs Moors in a one leg play off match with Darlo having 'home' advantage (not sure if they play in Darlington these days).

Any locals on here thinking about going to that game or have an interest in either side?

Darlington still play at Bishop Auckland's ground at present.

Darlo had their keeper sent off in injury time, captain went in goal and saved the penalty :lol: had a goal disallowed for offside about two minutes later as well.

Hope Darlo batter them if it comes to that.

Well worth going. I've seen most of the games they've played against each other in the last couple of years.

Always cracking atmosphere.

Would love Spenny to do it but probably unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back