Danny Welbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't care less, he hasn't even looked at a ball in about 6 months. Other players work their arses off and deserve it, but let's put the fresh prince on the plane.

If he's fit and playing regularly before the end of the season then I couldn't give a fuck if someone is playing well for their club team, Danny Welbeck plays well for England and got us to the Euros so how does someone else deserve to go instead of him?

I honestly can't get my head around people not understanding why players like Welbeck and Townsend get regularly called up even if they aren't in form or playing well for their club team, it makes no difference at all. If they play well for the national team then pick them.

If he's fit and playing regularly before the end of the season then I couldn't give a fuck if someone is playing well for their club team, Danny Welbeck plays well for England and got us to the Euros so how does someone else deserve to go instead of him?

I honestly can't get my head around people not understanding why players like Welbeck and Townsend get regularly called up even if they aren't in form or playing well for their club team, it makes no difference at all if they play well for the national team.

:lol::lol: class reason to even bother trying to get into the international team there.

All the time aye. Had a pointy cap and everything.

Does he fuck :lol:

Jesus wept. I once helped an old granny cross the road, am I entitled to her fortune?

He does the business at international level so he should go and I'm glad Roy agrees.

We should send Lineker, he won the golden boot once. Doesn't matter how long it is since he's played, he's obviously earned a place.

Has he fuck.
Name the last tournament Rooney did owt.
He played alright at the last World Cup.
England as a team never do much in tournaments. Rooney has consistently been one of England's top performers. He's hardly living off hype.

Do you have any time for young local footballing talent?

I don't know what you mean

I honestly can't get my head around people not understanding why players like Welbeck and Townsend get regularly called up even if they aren't in form or playing well for their club team, it makes no difference at all. If they play well for the national team then pick them.

Good post, so many people wrongfully ignore international form.

We should send Lineker, he won the golden boot once. Doesn't matter how long it is since he's played, he's obviously earned a place.

Has he fuck.
Name the last tournament Rooney did owt.
I'm not even sure there was a last tournament to name, he did give England fans who paid for and travelled all the way to South Africa some shit mind, probably his most famous moment in a tournament

He's missed almost a full season, I genuinely like him as a player but I think he's got a lot to do do justify his inclusion, with not many months left to prove it.

His international form is really good so his club form doesn't matter as much.

Defoe never did it for England even in his prime.

Delighted we've got him, but I'm not deluding myself he's suddenly going to learn international football at 32

:lol::lol: class reason to even bother trying to get into the international team there.

You obviously have to play well to then get the chance to get in the national team and cement your place by playing well. Play well for your club team and you will get called up and given a chance in friendlies and maybe lesser qualifying games. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Do you think Ryan Noble should have started instead of Darren Bent for our first team? Bent scored 20 for the first team but Noble was scoring more for the under 21's.

So it's okay for the regular names, irrespective of form, to be called up, but no mention of Defoe. And Townsend is one of the best/worst examples depending how you view it, of people being called up because of the team they played for rather than on form and performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back