Council Elections - May 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

You have to be in power to deliver any promises, otherwise it's all just hot air and piss they spout. Saying what you'd do in power is completely different to achieving a win and delivering promises

Just to remind you, one of Cameron's pre-election promises was to make it illegal for the government to increase income tax, NI & VAT.
He said this knowing fine well that there was already going to a NI increase in 11 months (ie now) for over 6 million workers

Me & owa lass are now £30 a month worse off
The bloke is a proven habitual liar, and yet people fell for his shite
See the tax credit fiasco also

Just to remind you, one of Cameron's pre-election promises was to make it illegal for the government to increase income tax, NI & VAT.
He said this knowing fine well that there was already going to a NI increase in 11 months (ie now) for over 6 million workers

Me & owa lass are now £30 a month worse off
The bloke is a proven habitual liar, and yet people fell for his shite
See the tax credit fiasco also
The thing is it's evident that despite the Tories being absolutely shocking, the alternative of Corbyn and co isn't appealing. I can't ever recall a Tory party drop so many bollocks with alarming regularity as this mob do, yet still Corbyn is only just ahead in the polls.

Can you do a similar list for South Tyneside please? My local councillor and area are excellent but the overall council are crap.

Redevelopment of the town hall, one of the finest buikdings in the country.

360 development £100m scheme including the 1st phase which is the construction of a new Central Library and Digital Media Centre

a new 40 space car park at Harton Quays

improvements to the Market Place

Award winning redevelopment of the sea front

New leisure centre on the sea front

New marine training facility at south Tyneside college MTSC

Redevelopment of south Tyneside college one of the top marine colleges in the world along with fleetwood and Portsmouth.

One trinity green state of the art development providing managed workspace for new and growing companies.

One Harton Quay a £10.5 million Business Centre.

Trinity south £30m housing development as part of the demolition and redevelopment of Fredrick street

Summer concerts with 20,000 attendances.

Cleadon park regeneration scheme

New award winning leisure centre in Hebburn.

Redevelopment of Hebburn town centre.

360 development £100m scheme including the 1st phase which is the construction of a new Central Library and Digital Media Centre

Redevelopment of south Tyneside college one of the top marine colleges in the world along with fleetwood and Portsmouth.

One trinity green state of the art development providing managed workspace for new and growing companies.

Trinity south £30m housing development as part of the demolition and redevelopment of Fredrick street

Thanks. But...

A 40 space car park?

I don't normally vote in these local elections but I've been thinking about all the great things going on in Sunderland:

* Keel Square Development
* Fantastic development planned for the Vaux Site
* New college in town
* New University Development and 'Fab Lab'
* Fantastic new wear bridge crossing and alignment of the roads all the way down to the Port
* Rapid development of Port Of Sunderland and restoration of the rail links
* Renovation of Phoenix House, Cassaton House, Crown House and Chambers Building.
* Redevelopment and Refurbishment of High Street.
* New Hilton Garden Inn.
* The Beacon Of Light.
* Sunderland Software City and the increasing recognition that Sunderland is the UK's silicon valley.
* East Coast Mainline Route being brought to Sunderland
* Converting Joplings into a mixed use Hotel and Leisure development.
* A further 2 hotels planned for Vaux and High Street.
* Development of a cultural quarter
* Redevelopment of the old fire station as a performing arts venue
* Building of a new arena in the cultural quarter.
* West end shows now a permanent fixture at the Sunderland Empire.
* Massive executive housing scheme being built at leafy Chapelgarth.
* The new Youth Zone being built in Holmeside which already has a commercial operator in place.
* 7 award winning parks
* The award winning redevelopment of the Seafront
* The fantastic restaurant development down Roker Beach.
* The crowning jewel which is the new Seaburn development.

I have to say...the Labour council are doing a wonderful job and they can certainly count on my vote.

Well Done Sunderland Council!
Why should anyone thank Sunderland Council.
Big deal we are getting a few improvements to the area but where were Sunderland Council when our City was allowed to rot whilst Newcastle has become one of the best and most thriving Cities in the Uk.
The above improvements are the absolute minimum we should expect and I want a hell of a lot more before I would give you lot any credit.

Big deal we are getting a few improvements to the area but where were Sunderland Council when our City was allowed to rot whilst Newcastle has become one of the best and most thriving Cities in the Uk.
The above improvements are the absolute minimum we should expect and I want a hell of a lot more before I would give you lot any credit.

Being held back by One NE.
Notice how all the developments are happening since their abolition

Being held back by One NE.
Notice how all the developments are happening since their abolition
Sorry mate I'm not having that. Our City is nothing short of a disgrace and to say that Sunderland Council are not complicit in that is rubbish.
We also had 13 yrs of Labour Government who are supposed to be champions of the North yet during that period I witnessed Sunderland become an absolute shit hole.
The improvements are welcome but I find it strange that they have arrived under a Tory Government under times of cuts and austerity yet under the boom years of Labour there was absolutely no investment.
Don't worry though because the Lemmings of Sunderland will vote as they always do as after all their father voted Labour.

At the same time as having huge budget cuts from central government

Also where were Sunderland Council when Oliver Cromwell overthrew the king....also when the dinosaurs roamed the earth

Sorry mate I'm not having that. Our City is nothing short of a disgrace and to say that Sunderland Council are not complicit in that is rubbish.
We also had 13 yrs of Labour Government who are supposed to be champions of the North yet during that period I witnessed Sunderland become an absolute shit hole.
The improvements are welcome but I find it strange that they have arrived under a Tory Government under times of cuts and austerity yet under the boom years of Labour there was absolutely no investment.
Don't worry though because the Lemmings of Sunderland will vote as they always do as after all their father voted Labour.
The only thing going on in sunderland that the tory government can take some credit for is the city deal that has contributed to the IAMP. Everything else is fuck all to do with them

Could Labour finally take the crown of Sunderland today? SR6 could be ready to go red
I'll be voting for this marra

Last edited:
I live in Jarra. Might not bother voting. Shields gets all the money spent on it. Fuck all gets done in jarra. Labour will get in regardless.

Easy money for me. Doing some of the counting in shields

I live in Jarra. Might not bother voting. Shields gets all the money spent on it. Fuck all gets done in jarra. Labour will get in regardless.
spend feck all in Boldon anarl but swarming round us for votes--leaflets delivered by Labour yesterday and again this morning and a car going round with flags and banners on it!! Tory leaflet anarl this morning.
at least we got the grass cut yesterday and the parking fella should be back in a couple of hours to issue a ticket on station road

I beg your pardon. I forgot about the gold postbox.

Not exactly. That is how they describe it. They make it sound so amazing. Pretty shit tbh.
They shut it down the day before the bairn was supposed to go on a school visit there....the heartless bastards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back