Council Elections - May 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Bear

Striker
I don't normally vote in these local elections but I've been thinking about all the great things going on in Sunderland:

* Keel Square Development
* Fantastic development planned for the Vaux Site
* New college in town
* New University Development and 'Fab Lab'
* Fantastic new wear bridge crossing and alignment of the roads all the way down to the Port
* Rapid development of Port Of Sunderland and restoration of the rail links
* Renovation of Phoenix House, Cassaton House, Crown House and Chambers Building.
* Redevelopment and Refurbishment of High Street.
* New Hilton Garden Inn.
* The Beacon Of Light.
* Sunderland Software City and the increasing recognition that Sunderland is the UK's silicon valley.
* East Coast Mainline Route being brought to Sunderland
* Converting Joplings into a mixed use Hotel and Leisure development.
* A further 2 hotels planned for Vaux and High Street.
* Development of a cultural quarter
* Redevelopment of the old fire station as a performing arts venue
* Building of a new arena in the cultural quarter.
* West end shows now a permanent fixture at the Sunderland Empire.
* Massive executive housing scheme being built at leafy Chapelgarth.
* The new Youth Zone being built in Holmeside which already has a commercial operator in place.
* 7 award winning parks
* The award winning redevelopment of the Seafront
* The fantastic restaurant development down Roker Beach.
* The crowning jewel which is the new Seaburn development.

I have to say...the Labour council are doing a wonderful job and they can certainly count on my vote.

Well Done Sunderland Council!

Can you do a similar list for South Tyneside please? My local councillor and area are excellent but the overall council are crap.

Can you do a similar list for South Tyneside please? My local councillor and area are excellent but the overall council are crap.
Where in South Tyneside?

Lots of redevelopment in Hebburn at the moment.

Shields has the new leisure centre and are trying to do that £100m development of the shopping centre......probably difficult given the layout. Also the new library. Also, they are the junior partner in the IAMP manufacturing park so that's another positive.

Ultimately, they will become part of Sunderland so that's the main thing to look forward to.

I'm f***ing convinced of it.
What makes you say that?

Last edited:
I don't normally vote in these local elections but I've been thinking about all the great things going on in Sunderland:

* Keel Square Development
* Fantastic development planned for the Vaux Site
* New college in town
* New University Development and 'Fab Lab'
* Fantastic new wear bridge crossing and alignment of the roads all the way down to the Port
* Rapid development of Port Of Sunderland and restoration of the rail links
* Renovation of Phoenix House, Cassaton House, Crown House and Chambers Building.
* Redevelopment and Refurbishment of High Street.
* New Hilton Garden Inn.
* The Beacon Of Light.
* Sunderland Software City and the increasing recognition that Sunderland is the UK's silicon valley.
* East Coast Mainline Route being brought to Sunderland
* Converting Joplings into a mixed use Hotel and Leisure development.
* A further 2 hotels planned for Vaux and High Street.
* Development of a cultural quarter
* Redevelopment of the old fire station as a performing arts venue
* Building of a new arena in the cultural quarter.
* West end shows now a permanent fixture at the Sunderland Empire.
* Massive executive housing scheme being built at leafy Chapelgarth.
* The new Youth Zone being built in Holmeside which already has a commercial operator in place.
* 7 award winning parks
* The award winning redevelopment of the Seafront
* The fantastic restaurant development down Roker Beach.
* The crowning jewel which is the new Seaburn development.

I have to say...the Labour council are doing a wonderful job and they can certainly count on my vote.

Well Done Sunderland Council!
Tall Ships Race, City of Culture Bid, refurbishment of the Roker Lighthouse, Sunniside Festival, Beyonce, Field Music appearing on Later with Jools Holland, Lamine Kone, Lenny The Loop's Backyard Burger Bar.

Exciting times.

Where in South Tyneside?

Lots of redevelopment in Hebburn at the moment.

Shields has the new leisure centre and are trying to do that £100m development of the shopping centre......probably difficult given the layout. Also the new library. Also, they are the junior partner in the IAMP manufacturing park so that's another positive.

Ultimately, they will become part of Sunderland so that's the main thing to look forward to.

What makes you say that?
I'm agreeing with you man Boris. My original post was being sarcastic

Tall Ships Race, City of Culture Bid, refurbishment of the Roker Lighthouse, Sunniside Festival, Beyonce, Field Music appearing on Later with Jools Holland, Lamine Kone, Lenny The Loop's Backyard Burger Bar.

Exciting times.

I noticed today the Resident Roker fruit cake is advertising for staff on the back of his pick up truck! Surf burger ....coming soon.
Proper melt

Time for the Labour Party to be booted out of the North East.

They have had hegemony over the region for decades and have presided over:

stagnant economies
the worst unemployment in the country, and
huge social deprivation

Time for someone else to be given a go - vote UKIP - the second party in Sunderland.

No way would I ever vote labour for as long as they are pissing about in the NE and looking after themselves. They couldnt care less about the local community.

Durham County Council Labour Party are in for a f***ing shock when they are next up. People leaving the Labour Party in Durham in their droves. Unelectable.

Time for the Labour Party to be booted out of the North East.

They have had hegemony over the region for decades and have presided over:

stagnant economies
the worst unemployment in the country, and
huge social deprivation

Time for someone else to be given a go - vote UKIP - the second party in Sunderland.

No way would I ever vote labour for as long as they are pissing about in the NE and looking after themselves. They couldnt care less about the local community.

Durham County Council Labour Party are in for a f***ing shock when they are next up. People leaving the Labour Party in Durham in their droves. Unelectable.
:lol::lol:
They don't even have candidates in half the wards man.
http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/CHttpH...f Candidates - Local Government Elections.PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back