Congo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody has a clue why we aren't making deals, how could they possibly know? It could be a number of factors.

I reckon we must of thought Borini would not turn us down though

Correct Johnson, none of us have a clue why the deals are not progressing, but most of us would assume, rightly or wrongly, that it's down to either Geographical reasons, or Financial reasons.

IMO, I'd say it's 20% geographical and 80% financial.

If by 31st August our targets (or similar types of players) have not found deals, they might then consider coming.

If you don't pay the going rate now to complete the deal for the player you want, it's a risky business waiting to see what's left at the end of the window.

Same here. Some of the situations we get ourselves in are avoidable though.
There are obvious ways to improve the structure of the club. There's hardly anything operating to it's optimum.
until your mate did one you never had one word to say about the structure of the club or the way it was run
your hypocrisy is downright staggering

If were signing players from top clubs (Rodwell) then it's a waiting game until there happy with they're squads. Most of this panic been caused by them lot signing a glut of foreigners.

If were signing players from top clubs (Rodwell) then it's a waiting game until there happy with they're squads. Most of this panic been caused by them lot signing a glut of foreigners.
if the success rate of this lot adapting is on a par with the past 2 or 3 seasons, other than the ginger minger one will work out.

For me it's like giving a heart surgeon a hammer and chisel. I think his hands are tied. It's easy to blame the puppet and not the master. Wages get the players you want and gets them quickly. This for me is the issue.

For me it's like giving a heart surgeon a hammer and chisel. I think his hands are tied. It's easy to blame the puppet and not the master. Wages get the players you want and gets them quickly. This for me is the issue.

All day long. We've yet to get diakite graham and cabral off the books too.

There's nigh on 100 k a week there:cry:

Can't see what all the fuss is about, it is surely better to be patient and get the best deals for the club rather than jumping in feet first and signing the rubbish we have done over the past few years.

My view is that the club are trying to learn from their mistakes, but sadly the fans and media can't really see it. As for Gus, he obviously wants players in ASAP but Congerton's job is to do the right long-term thing for the club. People need to calm down, deadline day is still a month away.

Think he is between a rock and a hardplace...

Short may not be giving him the needed wages to seal the new deals until more of the existing dead weight is cleared off (Roberge, Cabral, Graham, Diakite, etc.)

Problem is he can't get rid of those w/o a lesser league buy team demanding we cover a significant portion of their out-of-whack wages...

Bad buys and wage bill paying forward again...

Or, maybe this has nothing to do with it... fuked if I know...

In a very hard situation.
Congleton is the only person at the club at board level who is a "football person" he will be trying to broker deals with agents etc and being whispered to by someone who doesn't understand the industry and she (whoops) never will.
Shhhhh we can't afford that, if we pay that I'll get sacked as we are still paying last years numptys I allowed the mad Italian to sign. Can't we get that young striker from Darlington instead, Ellis will be impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back