Completely random SAFC stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I am changing mine to which Sunderland goalkeeper saved a penalty in every league match he ever played?:lol:

We are almost certainly the only team in football league history to play a single home league match over three halves.

Not checked this one either but confident.
They cannot be halves if there's three. I win

The distance between the centre spot at the Stadium Of Light and the old centre spot at Roker Park is 1131 metres.
Also the number of years before we'll win the league again

I'm slightly sceptical. Neither statto.com nor statcat has us as 8th, 18th or 22nd. Nice try though.

'Tis true, actually. The times that we were 8th, 18th and 22nd only occurred for a few hours due to us playing an early kick-off, or teams that had a later kick-off bumping us back down the table after a couple of hours, and so don't show up on the stats sites.

I remember us hitting top spot and one of the pundits on Sky Sports making mention of the fact that we'd created history that day because of the fact that we'd been in every position possible that season.

'Tis true, actually. The times that we were 8th, 18th and 22nd only occurred for a few hours due to us playing an early kick-off, or teams that had a later kick-off bumping us back down the table after a couple of hours, and so don't show up on the stats sites.

I remember us hitting top spot and one of the pundits on Sky Sports making mention of the fact that we'd created history that day because of the fact that we'd been in every position possible that season.
Still a bit dubious for that reason. Who could remember for sure it never happened before?

Only one CLUB side have ever brought less than 100 away fans to the SOL - Wimbledon 03/04 season - 49!

The groundsman has only ever TWICE took the South Stand net down before the North Stand net

What about when the One Direction tour was at the SOL and they left the North Stand goal up so the little f*ckers could play on the pitch?

05/06 season? - 0-2 we won, 16:00 Super Sunday
07/08 season - 2-2 draw, 15:00 Sat
08/09 season - 1-1 draw, 15:00 Sat

Yep, 05-06 defo, i was on lates on the monday !.....that site has a few wrong, says we played man utd at home on the sunday....we lost 1-3 on the saturday, 3pm ko....

I've come up with 7 so far. Struggling with #8

Wolverhampton Wanderers winners 1908 and runners up 1921, Barnsley runners up 1910 and winners 1912, West Ham United runners up 1923 and winners 1980. Additionally, Southampton were twice runners up while a Southern League club (in 1900 and again in 1902), and won the trophy as a 2nd Division club in 1976.
Coton, Monty, Myhre... now I'm struggling...

We're the last team to win the Cup and not play in the Charity Shield, but certainly not the only one. In 1971 Arsenal didn't take part, despite having won the double, and in 72, neither the Champions (Derby County), nor the Cup Winners (Leeds United) took part
Ok, only team to win the FA Cup at Wembley wearing red and white stripes, using an orange ball, with Frankie Vaughan leading the community signing and an Olympic medalist running round the track.

Sam Ricketts was sent off against SAFC in consecutive seasons, while playing for different clubs.

In 2008-09, he was sent off in our 4-1 win at Hull, and in 2009-10 he was sent off while playing for Bolton. SAFC won that one 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back