Collapse of the Pyramid System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean that Boldon,Marsden and Seaham will stay where they are in 2012?? This could mean major changes in all leagues over the next few years as some clubs will see what happens in 2012 then wait and see if any leagues advertise then move on the following year and in the end one league is sure to fold

its not like the ECB and the DCB to bury their heads in the sand:mad::mad:

Does this mean that Boldon,Marsden and Seaham will stay where they are in 2012?? This could mean major changes in all leagues over the next few years as some clubs will see what happens in 2012 then wait and see if any leagues advertise then move on the following year and in the end one league is sure to fold

yep they will stay as they are. If either the DSL or PL2 takes off their will be a scramble for positioning and it could make things very hetic and probably very interesting

eddyfinn said:
yep they will stay as they are. If either the DSL or PL2 takes off their will be a scramble for positioning and it could make things very hetic and probably very interesting

Oh well at least it preserves the HLSL two division system for a season.

whats happening to Marsden? They had their resignation accepted by the DCL.

Oh well at least it preserves the HLSL two division system for a season.

I thought it didn't matter what league you were in for the HLSL, as long as your 3rd team was affiliated to a proper cricket team? I'm aware that the NEPL has its own 3rd team commitments (Thursday nights?!) but surely most would still be able to get a team out? Also, how many teams from the HLSL would be jumping ship to the NEPL - if that makes sense.

whats happening to Marsden? They had their resignation accepted by the DCL.

I thought it had been accepted but they'd be allowed back if the 2nd Division didn't get sorted straight away?

NEPL 3rd teams is a Sunday 45 over competition.

Apparently Marsden have been accepted into the Senior League for 2012, but there will be no further changes before 2013.

Aleem Dar said:
I thought it didn't matter what league you were in for the HLSL, as long as your 3rd team was affiliated to a proper cricket team? I'm aware that the NEPL has its own 3rd team commitments (Thursday nights?!) but surely most would still be able to get a team out? Also, how many teams from the HLSL would be jumping ship to the NEPL - if that makes sense.

I thought it had been accepted but they'd be allowed back if the 2nd Division didn't get sorted straight away?

The NEPL has compulsory Sunday 3rd team cricket but that wasn't what I was thinking of. Basically if the DSL expands whilst staying as one division they will have to play lots of double weekends which would preclude teams from playing in the HLSL too.

Now the NEPL have advertised for clubs for their Second Division all leagues will know early next year how many clubs they potentially will lose,if the DSL are no longer part of the pyramid will that mean that the DCL and DCCL will be feeder leagues into the NEPL Second Division ??.If the rumours about Tynedale,Morpeth,Ashington happen to be true what would happen if say Morpeth finished bottom and the DCL winners wanted promotion,would that mean a straight swap and Morpeth travelling down here every other week to Southern parts of Durham ?? i cannot honestly see this being a way forward and any clubs thinking about moving on will have to have a lot of questions answered before they do so.

It's interesting that Marsden have been accepted into the DSL for 2012 as they used to have ambitions for the NEPL 2 which is now advertising for new clubs to join in 2013.

Would they dare apply for that as well ?

Blackhall were approached by the DSL and blackhall turned the offer down. The DSL imo are starting to look desperate and are becoming a laughing stock

interesting letter in today's echo from a commitee man at durham city regarding the pyramid system and why it''s not good for clubs unless they have vast fortunes of money to compete and are prepared to travel miles to play games etc etc.All this from a club that was happy with the pyramid until they were in a position to get relegated.

League Cricket Conference rules, as well as the individual rule books of all of the leagues (including the DSL) state that for a club to join another league they must resign from the league they are currently playing in by 30 June in the season before they move.

As the DSL knacked the promotion/relegation system this year by refusing to relegate a team, neither Boldon or Seaham Harbour were promoted "officially" and so both needed to resign from the DCCL by 30 June 2011 to be able to join the DSL for 2012. Neither did - the Harbour sent a letter of resignation in a couple of weeks ago (after being accepted by the DSL - again against the rules) and Boldon CA still havent sent a letter in. The DCCL have rejected the Harbour's letter of resignation as is their right under the rules, and they will reject any such letter from Boldon CA if they eventually decide to send one in.

Both clubs will play in the DCCL next season and will be named on the DCCL fixture list as per the rule book. If they do not turn up for games (ie play in
the Senior League against the rules) they will be fined for each unfulfilled fixture (including 1st, 2nd 3rd teams and juniors this will amount to about £1000 per month). In addition, the Senior League representative teams will be banned from all inter-league competitions and any junior player registered to a Durham Senior League club will be considered ineligible to represent Durham. The Durham County Board have confirmed that this will be enforced, apparently they are as p1ssed off with the DSL as anyone.

I don't think the clubs decided to sign the 3 year agreement - it was decided to f*ck the Senior League off and wait to hear the proposals for NEPL Div 2 next year. It may well be that the top 5 or 6 Senior League clubs apply for that in which case the remaining half dozen will be left trying to find new leagues themselves - they'll have the DCCL, DCL and NEDL to choose from (although I assume that Norton and Maybe Castle Eden might try and get into the NYSD system.

It's all very interesting - but the bottom ine is that the DSL top clubs have pushed everyone into a difficult position with their blatant self-preservation in disregarding the pyramid system.

What a load of rubbish they just wont pay the fines and they cant be enforced.

The senior league was destroyed by the premier league and I for one am glad that they they have stood up and told them where to get off.

Coast League held our AGM last night and Boldon and Seaham Harbour were both re-elected to the League.

New rules:

Non-fulfilment of any fixture to be a £100 fine, which doubles if not paid within a month.

All clubs to have working hot showers by 2012 season
All clubs to have sightscreens by 2013 season
All clubs to have covers by 2014 season

Many clubs already have the above but the clubs have agreed amongst themselves to work towards all clubs having these facilities within that timeframe.

If Boldon and the Harbour were to fail to fulfil their Coast League fixtures it would cost them each around £15k in fines for the season.

They just wont pay it they are not a member of that league any more

What a load of rubbish they just wont pay the fines and they cant be enforced.

The senior league was destroyed by the premier league and I for one am glad that they they have stood up and told them where to get off.

They just wont pay it they are not a member of that league any more

Yes, they are - representatives of both Seaham Harbour and Boldon CA turned up at the Coast League AGM, accepted re-election to the league and passed the rule changes. Boldon didn't even hand in a resignation letter at any stage. They can choose not to pay the fines but clubs who owe outstanding monies to a League CANNOT register for another league - that's set in stone by the League Cricket Conference and backed by ECB.

Whitburn, Felling, Boldon CC, Horden and Castle Eden have all already indicated their interest in division 2 of the NEPL to start in 2013; the Senior League will be left with 6 clubs and will not be the attractive proposition to many that it once might have been.

The Senior League were bang out of order doing what they did in the summer, and it looks like it's coming back to bite them in the arse. The Coast and County Leagues should hold firm and make the six remaining Senior League clubs apply to join them.

brandon and willington have expressed an interest in the NEPL div2,i do hope that durham city are left high and dry at the end of all this.

I hope Marsden are left high and dry too - it's their reluctance to accept relegation down the pyramid (in this instance it was to the County League rather than their preferred Coast League) that sparked all of this upheaval.

They acted with great arrogance not thinking they could ever be relegated.

If they'd won the Senior League, got promoted to the NEPL and had long distances to travel they would have happily accepted it.

Clubs should not join a pyramid system if they will only accept the plus points !

Eggman said:
I hope Marsden are left high and dry too - it's their reluctance to accept relegation down the pyramid (in this instance it was to the County League rather than their preferred Coast League) that sparked all of this upheaval.

If they'd won the Senior League, got promoted to the NEPL and had long distances to travel they would have happily accepted it.

Clubs should not join a pyramid system if they will only accept the plus points !

Spot on

That is unfair to Marsden. Marsden reluctantly accepted their relegation last year and were duly relegated.

What has actually sparked this off is the unwillingness of Durham City to accept relegation this season. Durham City, facing their own deserved relegation, used their influence in the DSL to break the pyramid system to avoid their relegation and have opened Pandora's Box. Other friends of DCCC, such as Burnmoor and Philadelphia, fearing their own potential relegations in the future, supported them, and other weak-minded clubs followed them. Only Whitburn and Boldon had the foresight and guts to break ranks against the advice of the fine upstanding officials of the DSL and vote against breaking the pyramid and bringing the current disgrace and ridicule on the DSL.

:evil::evil:

Yes, they are - representatives of both Seaham Harbour and Boldon CA turned up at the Coast League AGM, accepted re-election to the league and passed the rule changes. Boldon didn't even hand in a resignation letter at any stage. They can choose not to pay the fines but clubs who owe outstanding monies to a League CANNOT register for another league - that's set in stone by the League Cricket Conference and backed by ECB.

Whitburn, Felling, Boldon CC, Horden and Castle Eden have all already indicated their interest in division 2 of the NEPL to start in 2013; the Senior League will be left with 6 clubs and will not be the attractive proposition to many that it once might have been.

The Senior League were bang out of order doing what they did in the summer, and it looks like it's coming back to bite them in the arse. The Coast and County Leagues should hold firm and make the six remaining Senior League clubs apply to join them.

This is absolutely rubbish Horden would never join the premier league. They have won the DSL league several times during the pyramid system and chosen not join NEPL. I know for a fact that they are one of the most outspoken critics of NEPL. They were speaking against it when everyone else was in favour

That is unfair to Marsden. Marsden reluctantly accepted their relegation last year and were duly relegated.

What has actually sparked this off is the unwillingness of Durham City to accept relegation this season. Durham City, facing their own deserved relegation, used their influence in the DSL to break the pyramid system to avoid their relegation and have opened Pandora's Box. Other friends of DCCC, such as Burnmoor and Philadelphia, fearing their own potential relegations in the future, supported them, and other weak-minded clubs followed them. Only Whitburn and Boldon had the foresight and guts to break ranks against the advice of the fine upstanding officials of the DSL and vote against breaking the pyramid and bringing the current disgrace and ridicule on the DSL.

:evil::evil:

DSL are the ones who are showing courage and standing up against NEPL

This is absolutely rubbish Horden would never join the premier league. They have won the DSL league several times during the pyramid system and chosen not join NEPL. I know for a fact that they are one of the most outspoken critics of NEPL. They were speaking against it when everyone else was in favour.

It certainly is not. I was at a meeting re NEPL 2 when letters of interest from the secretaries of all of the clubs mentioned above, including Horden, were presented to the room.

I think you're being a tad naive about the position of the DSL in all of this. Gone are the days when it was the league everyone wanted to play in. It's just another feeder league into the NEPL now, whether that's official or not after the DSL's spitting out of the proverbial dummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back