Colback.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had lots of chances though. Enough to win 3 or 4 normal games, as did we.
They didn't defend well, and neither did we.
Did Cattermole and Larsson dominate Tiote and Colback?? I'm not sure they did.

What puzzles me is why the independent pundits seemed to think newcastle had the better of the game, and i assume that includes Colback. Like you i didn't see it that way, although the first 15 minutes was shakey.

You don't need to hide behind 'independent pundits' especially if you don't agree with them yourselves.

We defended really well - away from home. Our midfield prevented them having a real clear site of our goal and it was usually individual class from Sissoko when they did. Their midfield allowed an away side to have 5 or 6 easy chances at theirs.

Which 'independent pundits'?

I don't think anyone in either of the two papers I read did.

I think he means Phil Neville.

Larsson got man of the match. Colback wasn't even close to winning it......something we became used to when he was with us.

The Ginger Piss Biscuit is a f***ing nothing player for almost every game, as he was for us. Go the the Mag forums and see what they think of him.

Although he should be congratulated for being disliked by both Newcastle and Sunderland fans in almost equal measure.

Which 'independent pundits'?

I don't think anyone in either of the two papers I read did.

MOTD for starters. I've heard a few others chipping in with a few comments, and obviously newcastle's entourage which i take with a pinch of salt.
I'm not saying i agree with them but when more than a few say the same it starts to make you wonder.
We had some clear cut chances but were they reflective of the overall game itself??

Maybe i should watch the whole match again without derby day nerves.:)

Think you could make a valid case for us not being as fluid going forward as the last 0-3 with us having to play centre halves in both FB positions . When you think back to the roasting alonso gave santon , that was a hell of a miss yesterday ,, oshea whilst doing a sterling job defensively offered nothing going forward. Looking at the obvious superior coaching and organization of our patched up defense compared to theirs we may well have won that game comfortably with our fullbacks on the pitch.

Would you have liked to have seen him have the moral courage to take that free kick in the first minute, in the perfect position for him to demonstrate his new found dead ball expertise that he has yet to break his duck over. Colback not taking on that responsibility was him all over.
I didn't understand seeing that dummet lined it up? Was bizarre really especially after his supposed dead ball speciality........;)

Think you could make a valid case for us not being as fluid going forward as the last 0-3 with us having to play centre halves in both FB positions . When you think back to the roasting alonso gave santon , that was a hell of a miss yesterday ,, oshea whilst doing a sterling job defensively offered nothing going forward. Looking at the obvious superior coaching and organization of our patched up defense compared to theirs we may well have won that game comfortably with our fullbacks on the pitch.
Our defence of four centre halves were excellent yesterday, and gotta agree regarding the full backs not being up with the attacks (not a bad thing of course) as normal LB and RB may have been but solid they were :)

I didn't understand seeing that dummet lined it up? Was bizarre really especially after his supposed dead ball speciality........;)

I know - I mean 22 yards out. You could have placed it in a more appropriate place for a left footer up and over the wall and Colback is happy to tap it to some random full back to blast it over the wall. Typical Jack that - no-one can blame him because he wouldn't put his neck on the line to be blamed.

You don't need to hide behind 'independent pundits' especially if you don't agree with them yourselves.

We defended really well - away from home. Our midfield prevented them having a real clear site of our goal and it was usually individual class from Sissoko when they did. Their midfield allowed an away side to have 5 or 6 easy chances at theirs.

Did we defend really well though?? I thought the defending and general attitude for both teams was gung ho at times. There were more great chances in this game than you might see in half a dozen others.

Off the top of my head:- Sissoko's first half shot from 8 yards? Perez's(?)long range curler around the post, the shot from 8 yards when Brown was turned, Perez's top corner save by Pantilimon, Sissoko's top corner save by Pantilimon, Armstrong's shot when he should've passed to an open goal, Armstrong's flick on in the 6 yard box. Any other's ive forgotten.
I do agree that we didn't buckle defensively under pressure but we didn't exactly operate a closed shop either.

We had some very clear cut chances. Looking back we should've been disappointed with 1 goal.

I'm not hiding behind any pundits, i don't think we were outplayed in open play over 90 minutes.

Larsson got man of the match. Colback wasn't even close to winning it......something we became used to when he was with us.

The Ginger Piss Biscuit is a f***ing nothing player for almost every game, as he was for us. Go the the Mag forums and see what they think of him.

Although he should be congratulated for being disliked by both Newcastle and Sunderland fans in almost equal measure.

Ginger piss biscuit is very good

Do they not rate him like ?

Did we defend really well though?? I thought the defending and general attitude for both teams was gung ho at times. There were more great chances in this game than you might see in half a dozen others.

Off the top of my head:- Sissoko's first half shot from 8 yards? Perez's(?)long range curler around the post, the shot from 8 yards when Brown was turned, Perez's top corner save by Pantilimon, Sissoko's top corner save by Pantilimon, Armstrong's shot when he should've passed to an open goal, Armstrong's flick on in the 6 yard box. Any other's ive forgotten.
I do agree that we didn't buckle defensively under pressure but we didn't exactly operate a closed shop either.

We had some very clear cut chances. Looking back we should've been disappointed with 1 goal.

I'm not hiding behind any pundits, i don't think we were outplayed in open play over 90 minutes.

There all valid ones you mention - a couple of pot shots from outside the area and a couple of other genuine openings for a home team. I will take that being thrown at us for every away game from now on in.

Woah woah woah the judas,
You knowwww,
He helped us win 4 in a rowww,
The judas,
You knowww,
He helped us win 4 in a row.

(To the chown of the owld colback chant)

MOTD for starters. I've heard a few others chipping in with a few comments, and obviously newcastle's entourage which i take with a pinch of salt.
I'm not saying i agree with them but when more than a few say the same it starts to make you wonder.
We had some clear cut chances but were they reflective of the overall game itself??

Maybe i should watch the whole match again without derby day nerves.:)
Oh, so you're just on about tv rent-a-quotes. Understood.

There all valid ones you mention - a couple of pot shots from outside the area and a couple of other genuine openings for a home team. I will take that being thrown at us for every away game from now on in.

Let's be clear, if we created our 6 or so chances at every game from now to eternity i'd be happy and Man Utd's domination would be under serious threat. Not even Altidore could miss some of those f**kers on a regular basis.

Regardless what the pundits say, we clearly had the best chances and we probably had a couple more than them. Surely that is indisputable.
In the gray area where opinions can fudge the facts many think newcastle outplayed us in general play. I'm not sure there was anything to back this up but in relation to this thread i'm not sure if Tiote and Colback were particularly outplayed by our lads either.

As i said, maybe if i watched the full match again without nerves i'd see it differently.

Colback, Collocini and Tiote fucked up badly.

All 3 of them got early yellow cards and that gave us alot more room in the middle of the park as they were all one daft tackle away from a red.

[QUOTE="Narraback, post: 19325690, membe

Although he should be congratulated for being disliked by both Newcastle and Sunderland fans in almost equal measure.[/QUOTE]

I doubt what supporters think about him ,even enters his head,when his lass rewards him for tripling his take home pay;)

Watch it again. Our midfield had the freedom of sid james after the first half hour. The slowest defence ever assembled were pretty much untroubled. We should have been out of sight by the time we eventually scored

you're slowwwwwwww................................always in our shadowwwwwwwww............

Colback its fourrrrrrrrrrr..........

Tin hat on but I thought it was canny!!!!
foooorrrrrrr fuuuuuuucks saaaaaaake

Watch it again. Our midfield had the freedom of sid james after the first half hour. The slowest defence ever assembled were pretty much untroubled. We should have been out of sight by the time we eventually scored
somebody who watched the game..well done sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back