Colback.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope springs eternal.

I wonder what people would rather have.
a) beat the mags and 19 points/14th in the league?
b) lose to the mags and 23 points/9th in the league?

The feelgood factor from this win might sway things. I'm not too sure myself now.

A very Colbackesque performance . Done very little .

Where did we win the game?
Pardew said they deserved to win which i disagree with so my opinion cancels out his.
The independent MOTD pundits also said newcastle threw it away, which adds weight to Pardew's opinion.

I'd have to watch the game very closely to see where it was won. I didn't get the feeling Colback was outplayed in midfield, but our chances must've come from somewhere, maybe he was.

I wonder what people would rather have.
a) beat the mags and 19 points/14th in the league?
b) lose to the mags and 23 points/9th in the league?

The feelgood factor from this win might sway things. I'm not too sure myself now.

It's not much of a point gap... no one is going to Europe at this stage...

Take a waning moments wonder run and strike from Johnno for the win EVERY time...

It's not much of a point gap... no one is going to Europe at this stage...

Take a waning moments wonder run and strike from Johnno for the win EVERY time...

It isn't a huge gap but it's 4 points and 5 league places. I'm sure like every club they could list as many hard luck or near miss stories than us.
They are where they are, above us.

Pardew said they deserved to win which i disagree with so my opinion cancels out his.
The independent MOTD pundits also said newcastle threw it away, which adds weight to Pardew's opinion.

I'd have to watch the game very closely to see where it was won. I didn't get the feeling Colback was outplayed in midfield, but our chances must've come from somewhere, maybe he was.

Would you have liked to have seen him have the moral courage to take that free kick in the first minute, in the perfect position for him to demonstrate his new found dead ball expertise that he has yet to break his duck over. Colback not taking on that responsibility was him all over.

He was his normal self. Neat and tidy but not an influence on the match. Par for the course for him.

Our 2014 absolutely pisses all ower theirs mind

I suppose our highs were better but they were better overall.
In our situation you're probably right. Put up with 10 months of absolute shite and mediocrity for a few good highs.
It looks like we'll never get the highs any other way so i'm the same as you, i'll take the punishment just to get a small reward.

He was his normal self. Neat and tidy but not an influence on the match. Par for the course for him.

Who was an influence on the match? According to the independent pundits they outplayed us.
Did our chances just pop up against the balance of play??
It was a strange game.

Would you have liked to have seen him have the moral courage to take that free kick in the first minute, in the perfect position for him to demonstrate his new found dead ball expertise that he has yet to break his duck over. Colback not taking on that responsibility was him all over.

I'm not sure how you draw that conclusion. The two players lined up like most teams do to try and give the keeper something extra to think about. Maybe it was a pre-planned double bluff.
He took plenty of kicks in the game.

Last edited:
I suppose our highs were better but they were better overall.
In our situation you're probably right. Put up with 10 months of absolute shite and mediocrity for a few good highs.
It looks like we'll never get the highs any other way so i'm the same as you, i'll take the punishment just to get a small reward.

Who was an influence on the match? According to the independent pundits they outplayed us.
Did our chances just pop up against the balance of play??
It was a strange game.

I'm not sure how you draw that conclusion. The two players lined up like most teams do to try and give the keeper something extra to think about. Maybe it was a pre-planned double bluff.
He took plenty of kicks in the game.
Sissoko their biggest influence

Sissoko their biggest influence

Yes, he played well.

Did we win the midfield battle, if that's what you call it? I'm not sure we did, but i don't think they did either.
The defending from both sides was very sloppy at times but we edged the better chances. They made much better use of their half chances though.

There seemed to be a concensus from a number of independent people that they were better in open play. I'm not sure about that, the game ebbed and flowed a bit. They had a few periods of good pressure but i didn't feel we were dominated.

Yes, he played well.

Did we win the midfield battle, if that's what you call it? I'm not sure we did, but i don't think they did either.
The defending from both sides was very sloppy at times but we edged the better chances. They made much better use of their half chances though.

There seemed to be a concensus from a number of independent people that they were better in open play. I'm not sure about that, the game ebbed and flowed a bit. They had a few periods of good pressure but i didn't feel we were dominated.

Stop flannelling on like a knacker man. He was disappointing - poorer than Larsson, poorer than Cattermole. If his role in midfield was to create he didn't and if it was to stop us then we seemed to create easy chances at will. He was really disappointing and I rate him normally.

Stop flannelling on like a knacker man. He was disappointing - poorer than Larsson, poorer than Cattermole. If his role in midfield was to create he didn't and if it was to stop us then we seemed to create easy chances at will. He was really disappointing and I rate him normally.

They had lots of chances though. Enough to win 3 or 4 normal games, as did we.
They didn't defend well, and neither did we.
Did Cattermole and Larsson dominate Tiote and Colback?? I'm not sure they did.

What puzzles me is why the independent pundits seemed to think newcastle had the better of the game, and i assume that includes Colback. Like you i didn't see it that way, although the first 15 minutes was shakey.

They had lots of chances though. Enough to win 3 or 4 normal games, as did we.
They didn't defend well, and neither did we.
Did Cattermole and Larsson dominate Tiote and Colback?? I'm not sure they did.

What puzzles me is why the independent pundits seemed to think newcastle had the better of the game, and i assume that includes Colback. Like you i didn't see it that way, although the first 15 minutes was shakey.
Which 'independent pundits'?

I don't think anyone in either of the two papers I read did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back