Colback & Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henderson deserves it , he is a quality player who brought a lot of money into the club , I like the way he presents himself and bothered his arse to tip up at wembley for the cup final with the lads.
Also he probably has been brought on as a player a hell of a lot more by training with the likes of Suarez, Gerard and the coaching team at Liverpool than he would have in the same period under our leadership and regime at Sunderland .... Certainly pre poyet.... Like it or not we haven't been the best at developing young talent and promoting/supporting the younger lads.
It's pleasing to see Henderson and through gritted teeth colback , who played well for us last year and was consistent ... Not sure about england quality .... But what exactly is england quality with the likes of cleverley and smalling included regularly.

If you mean consistently no better than average, aye he was.

Henderson has come on leaps and bounds, and is starting to become a really good player, helped a lot by his experiences at Liverpool. And although everyone is surprised be Colback's call up, I say good luck to the lad, it's disappointing in the way he left, if the club are to be believed, but he always gave his all for us. He certainly isn't world class, and his performances probably don't merit the call up, but with the retirement of Gerrard and Lampard, Hodgson needs to start looking to build, and starting with a hardworking young lad like Colback isn't the worse place to start.

Although one is a mag kernt and left us for the scum after we nurtured the start and development of his footballing career.

Does it not make you a little bit proud that the potential England centre mid pairing (probably won't be like) could be Henderson and Colback? Two northeast lads, both developed at SAFC, representing the area whilst playing for their country.
Wait, that can't be right. Piston told me our Academy was shite.

Wait, that can't be right. Piston told me our Academy was shite.

In terms of results compared against facilities and time it's been open our Academy is possibly as bad as you could get.
There's probably none league clubs with a higher success rate than us.

Can't believe anyone is anything but pleased for the pair of them. Both good down to earth local Lads who have given good service to us for a good few years. Colback left because we didn't give him the recognition he deserves and the pay packet to suit.
Both good footballers and have the ability to go from strength to strength given the right backing and support. It's a major pat on the back to our Academy set up if they do play a competitive game together for England and will be a good advert to attract further good talent to the AOL

Although one is a mag kernt and left us for the scum after we nurtured the start and development of his footballing career.

Does it not make you a little bit proud that the potential England centre mid pairing (probably won't be like) could be Henderson and Colback? Two northeast lads, both developed at SAFC, representing the area whilst playing for their country.
Henderson yes, Colback No.........Henderson there on merit Colback there by default!

No comparison between the two for me like, Henderson is a quality player and a classy Mackem lad. One of us, just too good to play for us.

Colback is a turncoat geordie kernt who is in the squad because....well, nobody knows why.

I'm pleased for Henderson, he's improved and nailed down a starting spot in a big team that challenged for the title. His England performances have been OK but he needs someone alongside him who can tackle.

Colback should not be in the England squad. He was a squad player for a relegation threatened team 6 months ago and hasn't improved bar one or 2 MotM games per season.
JC was (under)used as a squad player. He deserved a regular starting place but was weirdly denied it. I don't get why we bother with an Academy?

It's nice to see the AOL producing players that can play in the first team. But, in comparison, Henderson has came on leaps and bounds because is joined a club which has been challenging for honours for decades, with better players, and he's had to move away from home comforts, and grow as a person.

Colback has moved to a club no better, if not worse than the one he was at, up the road, and has probably moved into his old bedroom as his parents' house. So, IMO, will not improve anyway near as much as Henderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back