Coates for 2m

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when you play TWO centre backs in a match (as usually is the case) you need TWO to actually play.

We now have THREE centre backs who arent good enough, we sign another ONE who might be, thats still not TWO for the match.

This capitalising lark is easy

Oh come on. Hes already shown hes capable of playing to this level with a run of games, yet he 'might' be good enough? f***ing look around and whoever we bring in is going to have some kind of question marks over them. If hes our only centre half signing by August and we stand at brown, Coates and oshea then youve every right to moan. But youre talking utter shit if were paying a modest fee for someone who looks decent enough from the evidence so far.

So when you play TWO centre backs in a match (as usually is the case) you need TWO to actually play.

We now have THREE centre backs who arent good enough, we sign another ONE who might be, thats still not TWO for the match.

This capitalising lark is easy

And exactly how much of our budget would you like to spend on centre backs :lol:

by getting Coates on the cheap, we might have enough left in the budget to buy one of quality. JoS is going to be first team whether you like it or not, You need to start living in the real world.

Not really moaning. Just saying I'm not really sure how it will work out. Did well and looked poor atdifferent times.
Not arsed about who you can get for the money I'm only really bothered with signing good players.
He made less mistakes than john o shea he was massively unfit in his first few games he hadn't played for months

He made less mistakes than john o shea he was massively unfit in his first few games he hadn't played for months
Maybe or possibly he is just well suited to defending deep and in numbers. Something he isn't alone in. As with most signings it will depend to a large part on how we are going to use him.

Yet to be convinced.

His injury record is shocking. I have a feeling it'll be similar to when we signed Brown.

Also, he hasn't showed all that much yet. If he can play as he finished then it should be a good deal.

Maybe or possibly he is just well suited to defending deep and in numbers. Something he isn't alone in. As with most signings it will depend to a large part on how we are going to use him.

He might be, but then given he's barely played in England over the last three/four years maybe he just needed a run of games, rather than being judged when not close to being match fit?

Also it's a pretty strange thing to say given we were doing more of the defend deep in numbers earlier in the season under Poyet, than we were later under Advocaat when we actually tried to get men forward and support.

Oh come on. Hes already shown hes capable of playing to this level with a run of games, yet he 'might' be good enough? f***ing look around and whoever we bring in is going to have some kind of question marks over them. If hes our only centre half signing by August and we stand at brown, Coates and oshea then youve every right to moan. But youre talking utter shit if were paying a modest fee for someone who looks decent enough from the evidence so far.
Whilst I appreciate the passion/aggression in your post, I was actually referring to Coates as one of the 3 that aren't. Personally I think he's shit. Had two good games at the end of the season which has somehow managed to skew people's opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back