Chrisitian bakers lose appeal case

Status
Not open for further replies.

So in a nutshell, the gays singled out the bakers on the basis of their religion, and asked them to print a slogan in support of something currently illegal that they already knew was also forbidden in their holy book.

Sounds like religious persecution to me. In NI of all places. I'd be frogmincing the fuckers to their nearest HMP for 3 months of hard pounding with no prospect of betrothal.
To be honest, I have no problem with people deliberately targeting people who are breaking the law and discriminating against people in order to highlight it and make an example of them.

I'm just not sure they are discriminating against them in the case. The B&B one was a bit more obvious, and I'm happy for gays to deliberately target those to sue the bollocks off them.

If a skinhead wearing a white power tee-shirt, with Nazi tattoos on his face booked a room at a B&B and the owners told him to 'fuck off, we don't want Nazis staying here', is that against the law?

To be honest, I have no problem with people deliberately targeting people who are breaking the law and discriminating against people in order to highlight it and make an example of them.

I'm just not sure they are discriminating against them in the case. The B&B one was a bit more obvious, and I'm happy for gays to deliberately target those to sue the bollocks off them.
Agreed!

If a skinhead wearing a white power tee-shirt, with Nazi tattoos on his face booked a room at a B&B and the owners told him to 'fuck off, we don't want Nazis staying here', is that against the law?
Is he with his boyfriend?

No. Being a Nazi isn't a protected characteristic.

Why do stupid f***ing questions like this keep popping up.

It was a genuine question, I don't know the answer. If you're right then who defines and how do they define what is and isn't a "protected characteristic"?

The equality and diversity act defined them.

You can't be discriminate against people based on sex, gender reassignment, race, age, religion, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or sexual orientation.

So you'll get away with not serving a Nazi or a dirty Mag with cake.

You can't be discriminate against people based on sex, gender reassignment, race, age, religion, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, or sexual orientation.

You do therefore wonder how the NI authorities manage to discriminate based on sexuality on a daily basis, don't you?

You do therefore wonder how the NI authorities manage to discriminate based on sexuality on a daily basis, don't you?
You're like a dog with a bone with this aren't you. :lol:

The equality and diversity act came in before gay marriage was a thing here, the same could (and was) said about the UK as a whole.

The Irish aren't exactly known for being progressive, I'm more inclined to wonder about how it passed south of the border to be honest.

Gay marriage will become a thing in Northern Ireland sooner or later. Parliament already voted in favour of it a year ago but the Unionists vetoed it.

So you can legally discriminate against some people but not others...

Have you got nowt better to worry about than this?

Someone's right to have a cake made :rolleyes:

The Irish aren't exactly known for being progressive, I'm more inclined to wonder about how it passed south of the border to be honest.

Probably for the same reason why we voted for Brexit despite both major political parties telling us not to.
Because politicians are totally out of touch with "ordinary " people.

Not in my circle of friends it isn't.

Are you expecting him to all of a sudden just agree with everything you say?

Has anyone ever just agreed with you on here?

Not with me, with the judge. Who clearly explained the reasons why the ruling went the way it did.

Have you got nowt better to worry about than this?

Someone's right to have a cake made :rolleyes:

It isn't the cake it is the principle and the principle is the denial of service one would deny to some groups but not others based on protected characteristics

It could have been a printers refusing to print a poster for supporting gay marriage whilst at the same time printing a poster supporting tradtional marriage or a conference hall refusing to host a support gay marriage event whilst willing to host one supporting traditional marriage etc

The cake is meaningless it is the underlying principle

Last edited:
Not with me, with the judge. Who clearly explained the reasons why the ruling went the way it did.

It isn't the cake it is the principle and the principle is the denial of service one would deny to some groups but not others based on protected characteristics

It could have been a printers refusing to print a poster for supporting gay marriage whilst at the same time printing a poster supporting tradtional marriage or a conference hall refusing to host a support gay marriage event whilst willing to host one supporting traditional marriage etc

The cake is meaningless it is the underlying principle
Who gives a shite man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back