Chrisitian bakers lose appeal case

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it directly responsible? I genuinely have no idea.

By pumping huge amounts of money and political pressure into changing the law.

What you seem to be saying is that they deserve everything they get because they'd been ***** in the past and anti-gay. You're effectively using their history and past behaviour in the current court case to justify why they should be punished - basically we know they're homophobes, so this was a homophobic act and they deserve it? Is that what you're syaing?

No, what I'm saying is that this is part of an ongoing political battle between two sides, and one of them is wrong. There is probably a problem with the way the law has been applied in the case of cakegate, but there is also a problem with how the law has been applied to outlaw gay marriage.

If this was an industrial dispute between a Tory government who had passed a load of repressive and unconstitutional laws (after lobbying by private businesses who employed working class people in the North East) that allowed them to make people work as slaves and be lashed with whips, I would support any and all legal means to resist that. If there was simultaneously a stupid law that said if the workers are wearing Fezes the Tories have to pay them the living wage in perpetuity, I would totally support the workers exploiting that law. Until such time as the whole mess is sorted out, instead of just half of it.

Last edited:

By pumping huge amounts of money and political pressure into changing the law.

No, what I'm saying is that this is part of an ongoing political battle between two sides, and one of them is wrong. There is probably a problem with the way the law has been applied in the case of cakegate, but there is also a problem with how the law has been applied to outlaw gay marriage.

If this was an industrial dispute between a Tory government who had passed a load of repressive and unconstitutional laws (after lobbying by private businesses who employed working class people in the North East) that allowed them to make people work as slaves and be lashed with whips, I would support any and all legal means to resist that. If there was simultaneously a stupid law that said if the workers are wearing Fezes the Tories have to pay them the living wage in perpetuity, I would totally support the workers exploiting that law. Until such time as the whole mess is sorted out, instead of just half of it.
I suppose the difference here is it's not the government/authorities that the gay folks have an issue with. In your example, it's the Tory supporting employer who they are taking to court for not supporting their cause of "free the workers from slavery".

So in a nutshell, the gays singled out the bakers on the basis of their religion, and asked them to print a slogan in support of something currently illegal that they already knew was also forbidden in their holy book.

Sounds like religious persecution to me. In NI of all places. I'd be frogmincing the fuckers to their nearest HMP for 3 months of hard pounding with no prospect of betrothal.

So in a nutshell, the gays singled out the bakers on the basis of their religion, and asked them to print a slogan in support of something currently illegal that they already knew was also forbidden in their holy book.

Sounds like religious persecution to me. In NI of all places. I'd be frogmincing the fuckers to their nearest HMP for 3 months of hard pounding with no prospect of betrothal.

Not sure why this chronology is so hard to get: the Christians singled out the gays first

Why are you so bothered about this to spend days on end arguing about it?

What does it matter to you why someone else is bothered about something?

Not sure why this chronology is so hard to get: the Christians singled out the gays first

What does it matter to you why someone else is bothered about something?
Just interested. Seems strange. I can understand passing comment but to argue for days when it'll make no difference at all is a bit weird.

If that's how you feel, why are you on an Internet message board at all?
I'm not getting at you crack on and enjoy I just had a look through the last few pages and I was thinking that none of yous are interested in changing your opinions so I fail to see any point in it.

I don't really get involved in these things so that's why I'm asking.

I'm not getting at you crack on and enjoy I just had a look through the last few pages and I was thinking that none of yous are interested in changing your opinions so I fail to see any point in it.

I don't really get involved in these things so that's why I'm asking.

You've just described 90% of all message board and pub conversations

Is it difficult for you to understand written English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back