Chrisitian bakers lose appeal case

Status
Not open for further replies.

If they refuse to bake a cake that contradicts the bible they surely live their life by the bible and at no point contradict the bible in their daily activities

This is the bible that says women should be silent, promotes genocide, and that women should obey their husbands as they would their lord

Hmmm

Reactions: PTR
If they refuse to bake a cake that contradicts the bible they surely live their life by the bible and at no point contradict the bible in their daily activities

This is the bible that says women should be silent, promotes genocide, and that women should obey their husbands as they would their lord

Hmmm

Many religions/sects have interpreted the bible in different ways. it is open to interpretation.

Either, religions have exemptions regarding discrimination or they don't. if they do then the Bible bashers shouldn't be forced to make a gay cake.

Hmmm

Don't forget the big bit in the Bible that said you're not allowed to bake cakes for people with different opinions to yours. And also how Jesus said absolutely nothing ever about not getting up in the face of people who don't share your beliefs, specifically didn't say any of that render unto Caesar/good Samaritan/stony ground stuff that would otherwise indicate that there is nothing in the bible about stopping other people from doing anything.

Many religions/sects have interpreted the bible in different ways. it is open to interpretation.

Either, religions have exemptions regarding discrimination or they don't. if they do then the Bible bashers shouldn't be forced to make a gay cake.

They said that they wouldn't bake a cake endorsing something that contradicts the bible though. If that is there justification they must live their entire lives like that.

You shouldn't be able to discriminate because you're religious.

They could have refused for plenty of reasons but they made it clear it was the gay message

Would you accept that if the bakery refused to serve black people?
Accept it? I'm not black frijj mate.

I dare say the bad publicity would mean they wouldn't last long. Also, if I was black I wouldn't want a racist baking my cake anyway. I wouldn't make an smb cake for a mag if I worked in the catering industry like. Or I might do and then wipe loads of snots and that in with the icing.

I don't think he refused to serve the customer anyway. It was the type of cake he refused to make wasn't it?

they don't

They said that they wouldn't bake a cake endorsing something that contradicts the bible though. If that is there justification they must live their entire lives like that.

You shouldn't be able to discriminate because you're religious.

They could have refused for plenty of reasons but they made it clear it was the gay message

As i said, it is open to interpretation.

As i said as well, either religions get exemption from certain discrimination laws or they don't. Personally, I think they should not be allowed to but it would just cause a shit load of hassle.

I am happy they gave the true reason for refusing the gay cake.

they don't

the Catholic Church certainly discriminates against women.

I dare say the bad publicity would mean they wouldn't last long. Also, if I was black I wouldn't want a racist baking my cake anyway. I wouldn't make an smb cake for a mag if I worked in the catering industry like. Or I might do and then wipe loads of snots and that in with the icing.

I don't think he refused to serve the customer anyway. It was the type of cake he refused to make wasn't it?

Alright then, they refuse to bake a cake that has a slogan on supporting equal rights for black people or whatever else

Society wouldn't accept that discrimination. But for gays? Nah no problem. They've got a book of f***ing fairytales to support them.

In the first Harry Potter book the bloke with the turban is the baddy

That's my justification for refusing to serve Sikhs

Let's see how long I get away with that for!

If a black person refused to serve me in any shop because I was white, id be pretty pissed off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back