Chris Smalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was a bit shit today, haven't seen man utd much recently but he was the stand out performer this season according to the pundits a couple month back. my mate reckons he was meant to marking kone for his goal as well, I thought it looked like a free header so he must have been miles away.

Thought he was a bit shit today, haven't seen man utd much recently but he was the stand out performer this season according to the pundits a couple month back. my mate reckons he was meant to marking kone for his goal as well, I thought it looked like a free header so he must have been miles away.
He was, Kone lost him easily.

He started the season well but has tailed off a bit. Defensively, de Gea aside, they're not great and Rooney's the only one of their front four who'll work back and defend.

Decent player...but we didnt allow him to be today...Ndoye ruffed them up 2nd half...
Man u central midfield were poor.

Not aggressive enough. Defensively and when attacking. Good player who'll have an excellent career for both United and England but I prefer Phil Jones.

They gave us Jonny Evans and kept Smalling. :lol:
Smalling wasnt even playing in non league when we got Evans, which is where he started his career before moving to Fulham and then eventually Man Utd. Odd statement.

Edit; just realised youre not a Sunderland fan.:oops:

Looked like a lost kid for that corner, changed his mind three times about who he was going to pick up as the ball came in. Looked like a well worked set piece with out players causing confusion and blocking off (legally of course) he fell for it hook line and sinker, amaturish from him though.

Looked solid until we had a free kick and Kone out jumped and out muscled him and there was a bit of a clash of heads.

Went into his shell after that. He was fouling Kone for the corner just before we scored and didn't even jump for the goal.

Kone is quite simply magnificent, new king Charlie crossed with Benno :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back