Champions League tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maribor setting my coupon in flames at the moment by beating Schalke. That and Boro being hold by Blackpool

Barcas defense is hideous, the spaniards never learn

Commentators saying theyve been good defensively this season, look who theyve played till tonight

Class! Me and my mate did similar with Sporting Gijon a few years back - they were on sky when we were pissed in the pub and we liked them due to the red and white stripes, the fact they were a bit shit, the fact their town sounds like a donkey noise and because they had a lad called Pedro who had been class for us on pro evo.

So, drunkenly, we booked flights to madrid, train tickets to Gijon and went there for their home game against Deportivo a few weeks later. We hadnt been able to order match tickets online (which we didnt think would be an issue), loads of deportivo fans turned up (didnt know any spanish sides had big away followings) and it was sold out. So we watched in a pub as gijon won, then we had a night out with their ultras (canny apart from one git big nazi who hated anyone who wasnt from gijon but who also supported liverpool, he was like a character fron a sitcom but he spoiled the night a bit and i kept winding him up about sinking the armada which didnt help) and then we went home.

Can have some good laughs picking random teams to follow. We also went to prague but didnt want to just see sparta or slavia prague so decided we liked dragoun brevnov because, well, they play in red and white stripes and their name sounded like a dragon (theres a trend emerging here). Trouble was they were playing in the shittest league, away from home, 100 odd miles away against hradec kraloves b team. So we got pissed, got a train there, they were in black and white stripes so we spent the 90 minutes singing red and white army, fuck right off you black and white bastards etc and were the only 2 away fans. It was 0-0 when brevnov went clean through in injury time, striker rounds the keeper, slots the ball and we go mad jumping around like lunatics for a minute. Until we noticed the keeper getting ready to take a goal kick, the lad had "slotted" it wide. Fuck. We left. Good times.

Having seen you drunk I can completely believe this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back