Caught lying about military service

Status
Not open for further replies.

:lol:

I love stuff like this.
I once got caught in a conversation in The Derby when I was in with my mate who was in the army at the time. Some bloke was talking to us and after speaking to my mate about his time in the army he asked me about mine. I explained that I was a civil servant and wasn't in the army and never had been. He took this to be some sort of code that I was trying to keep my army history secret and the more I denied it, the more he convinced himself that I was some SAS/Spy hybrid. :lol:
Was even offering to buy my beers for the 'service' I couldn't talk about. Anybody who knows me would know the closest I would come to being in the army is being requisitioned as a cannonball.

military precision there Fred

Is there any other form of precision?

:lol:

I love stuff like this.
I once got caught in a conversation in The Derby when I was in with my mate who was in the army at the time. Some bloke was talking to us and after speaking to my mate about his time in the army he asked me about mine. I explained that I was a civil servant and wasn't in the army and never had been. He took this to be some sort of code that I was trying to keep my army history secret and the more I denied it, the more he convinced himself that I was some SAS/Spy hybrid. :lol:
Was even offering to buy my beers for the 'service' I couldn't talk about. Anybody who knows me would know the closest I would come to being in the army is being requisitioned as a cannonball.

The closest I've ever been to being in the army was having a tug while watching Private Benjamin.

Last edited:
Used to work with a big bloke who was in the army. He did used to talk it up a lot, and come out with some stories that didn't add up at all. He was a big hard fucker though, but the lads i used to work with were relentless if anyone tried to bullshit etc. After he left one of the lads posed on facebook a link to that walter mitty site where he was shown wearing a load of medals at some memorial day. The thing is his dad was also in the army so some of the medals he wore that day, might have been his. I don't know if that's allowed or frowned upon, but it was a shame, as apart from some bullshit he spouted, he was a canny bloke

I think these Walter Mitty types should be indentured into service in some danger zones and not be allowed to leave until they have achieved all the feats they lied about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back