Catts will take a ban if it means a win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

That was a booking he had to suffer, he had nee choice but to foul him.
Agree with this (everyone does it), but brings us on to the wider point that it is a pre-meditated deliberate foul. These kind of challenges irk me and would like to see the 10 minute "sin bin" or even a straight red to stamp them out completely instead of applauding players for "taking one for the team", when we (in the royal sense) lambast players for diving - both blatantly cheating.

Not knocking Cattermole either, one of the few who actually seem to care deep down what happens to us on the pitch.

Would, say, Giaccherini have been sent off had he made that tackle on Elmohamady at Hull?

I highly doubt it.

Also you'll not find me disagreeing with anyone about his reputation and how he earned it. Though sheer stupidity.

Had this debate before mate and agree with you 100% that he is not a dirty player and has earned his reputation by been stupid in the past making stupid tackles,however he is still to blame for his reputation no one else.

The problem with the Hull sending off was at first look and full speed it looked horrendous as he went flying into the tackle,granted once you seen the replay it did not look as bad,however ref did not have that luxury,problem with Cattermole is there was no need to make such a challenge,it was a bad decision on his behalf and he has made too many bad decisions hence his reputation

I also believe the majority of his bookings and sending offs have been the right decisions just my opinion of course.

Had this debate before mate and agree with you 100% that he is not a dirty player and has earned his reputation by been stupid in the past making stupid tackles,however he is still to blame for his reputation no one else.

The problem with the Hull sending off was at first look and full speed it looked horrendous as he went flying into the tackle,granted once you seen the replay it did not look as bad,however ref did not have that luxury,problem with Cattermole is there was no need to make such a challenge,it was a bad decision on his behalf and he has made too many bad decisions hence his reputation

I also believe the majority of his bookings and sending offs have been the right decisions just my opinion of course.
When he had the two sending off in a short space against Birmingham and Wigan both 1st bookings were harsh. In both cases though both second bookings were brain dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back