Cattermole

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hammered him for his basic mistakes and stupidity in making needless silly tackles, charging around without purpose and generally being a bit of a liability.........he now deserves praise for essentially reinventing himself, he seems to now have a purpose, has shown no little skill and has become the heartbeat of our team, fair play to him he deserves all the plaudits he is getting at the moment.

He gave him MOTM reluctantly, with him saying something along the lines of "if i'll give anyone MOTM, I guess it'll have to be Cattermole" which wound me up as he was MOTM by a country mile imo. He's been immense so far this season and the media will always go back to his early career when its more than clear he is a much better player than he used to be

It's weird how people are stubborn in their opinion despite their being a noticeable change. I rave about Cattermole to all of my Non Sunderland supporting friends and get the usual "talentless thug" comments. Then they watch him on sky or against their team and concede that "he was very good today". They say that most times they see him play but still won't change their opinion on him being a thug because of collection of red cards, most of which were more than 3 years ago.

Gus has got into his head and turning him into one of the best defensive Midfielders in England, I'm pleased with that.

It's weird how people are stubborn in their opinion despite their being a noticeable change. I rave about Cattermole to all of my Non Sunderland supporting friends and get the usual "talentless thug" comments. Then they watch him on sky or against their team and concede that "he was very good today". They say that most times they see him play but still won't change their opinion on him being a thug because of collection of red cards, most of which were more than 3 years ago.
I'm exactly the same mate, I rave about him and all my non Sunderland fans give me the "take the rose tinted glasses off" when like I said it's so clear he's a better player now its not rocket science to notice it and ye also get "he's a dirty fucker" does my f***ing head in

When he's good he saves games for us. When he's bad he costs us games. Thankfully now he's saving more than he's costing. Great leader, wears his heart on his sleeve. All the potential to be a club legend.

About sums it up for me.

I've always maintained that he's a cracking player if he can stay on the pitch. I think his upturn in form and discipline is down to Gus putting an arm around him and telling him just how important he is to us.

Probably Bruce's best signing IMO.

Love Catts (And Gus for getting the best out of him)

Spot on, Poyet came out and said 'I need a Cattermole at my club'.

I've always defended Cattermole, even when many on here had the knives out for him. I'm hoping he's going to repay my faith in him by winning our Player of the Year :)
Me too me dad has always fuckin hated him saying he's a liability but I've always defended him and now even me dad is coming round to liking the fuckin radgpot. Love catts me like.

He gave him MOTM reluctantly, with him saying something along the lines of "if i'll give anyone MOTM, I guess it'll have to be Cattermole" which wound me up as he was MOTM by a country mile imo. He's been immense so far this season and the media will always go back to his early career when its more than clear he is a much better player than he used to be

To be fair it was a dreadful game with no real standout performer. Cattermole was decent without it being one of his best games and probably was the best player on the pitch across 90 minutes.

Catts just needs to keep doing what he's doing and he'll be right ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back