Castle Eden golf club

Status
Not open for further replies.
been looking at joining for a few years but there was always a waiting list, but now they are accepting new members. But they want £500 joining fee on top of 1st membership.

Is this normal for 1st joining members in general at all clubs or am I been stung??

That used to be the case at all clubs once upon a time.

However competition for members means not many have a joining fee anymore.

Tell them your not paying it or go somewhere else.

Thats the fairway of doing it.

That used to be the case at all clubs once upon a time.

However competition for members means not many have a joint fee anymore.

Tell them your not paying it or go somewhere else.

Thats the fairway of doing it.
Aye, this.

Plenty decent courses around without a joining fee. Give it a couple of years and they'll scrap it.

A lot of clubs are struggling for members and are waiving joining fees ....... sounds like a popular club / course if they want a monkey !

been looking at joining for a few years but there was always a waiting list, but now they are accepting new members. But they want £500 joining fee on top of 1st membership.

Is this normal for 1st joining members in general at all clubs or am I been stung??
Aye, lovely course.

You can always pay fuck all and play at somewhere like hobs on or roseberry and have it full of hackers clogging the course up.

If you can afford the 500 quid pay it.

A lot of clubs are struggling for members and are waiving joining fees ....... sounds like a popular club / course if they want a monkey !
Lovely course...

If they've lost their waiting list the next step would be to scrap their joining fee I would have thought.
first time fee is the norm for members clubs. if you want nice things, you normally have to pay for them.
I'm not sure it is anymore, it's obviously one of the better courses in the area but if they no longer have a waiting list they are probably mags and must be losing members.

As an ex Captain I would put the fees up to 3k signing on plus usual charges as we dont want riff raff in the club

Only played there once and it was years ago. Ramside doesn't have a joining fee although I'm sure there was talk of one last year .

@peterleeyacker is a member at castle Eden I believe

There's always been a joining fee at castle Eden. I paid £1050 for my first year and the subs are now £603 which is one of the cheapest clubs about.

Waiting list has been gone for a few years now, really surprised they still manage to attract people with the joining fee.
I deferred and want to ramside instead as I like the course better but from what I've seen castle Eden has a much better setup with regards to competitions and members compared to ramside. To be honest that's not hard though as ramside is utter gash when it comes to comps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back