Carpe diem Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we do but I'm confident we'll sign 3 or 4 1st team players before the window is shut.
But the transfer window isn't shut yet. We all know we're a bit thin and it would be absolute stupidity not to sign 3/4 players, but we haven't got to that stage yet and the season hasn't kicked off.

In no way was the window listed in this thread pathetic, for where we were as a club at the time it was quite good actually even if about half the players turned out to be wastes of money.
I'm not saying we won't sign anyone before the window shuts but as it is we're looking at giving the rest of the league a head start yet again....

I'm not saying we won't sign anyone before the window shuts but as it is we're looking at giving the rest of the league a head start yet again....
I don't think we will, I think the squad as it stands will pick up enough points under moyes to keep us in the pack until signings are made if needed

Haway lad - I want to feel as excited as I did when it emerged we were going for Steeed...and Tainio...and Chimbonda....AND Kaboul (all good things...)

Bit of ambition in the couple of weeks could see us putting clear water between us and the Watfords, Swanseas, Baggies, Bournemouth's of this world.

I want to feel as successful as a Stoke fan this season :eek:
Tainio and chimbonda???
What a farcical nay criminal waste of money
People complain about the 6m paid for gardner.
He was messi compared to those 2.

The last transfer window that had me optimistic was Ashursts in summer 84.
For some reason I expected big things and when the results were posted on the blackboard outside the beach bar in Bentitses, Corfu and it read 3-1 v Southampton I felt justified. The later selection of Wallace ower West cost us a cup and relegation and Ashurst his job. He'd hardly put a foot wrong before that.
I wonder how often he can gan without thinking "If only"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back