Carpe diem Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haway lad - I want to feel as excited as I did when it emerged we were going for Steeed...and Tainio...and Chimbonda....AND Kaboul (all good things...)

Bit of ambition in the couple of weeks could see us putting clear water between us and the Watfords, Swanseas, Baggies, Bournemouth's of this world.

I want to feel as successful as a Stoke fan this season :eek:

Haway lad - I want to feel as excited as I did when it emerged we were going for Steeed...and Tainio...and Chimbonda....AND Kaboul (all good things...)

Bit of ambition in the couple of weeks could see us putting clear water between us and the Watfords, Swanseas, Baggies, Bournemouth's of this world.

Chimbonda was awful

Chimbonda was awful
Half a dozen games he played he was a way in front of any right back who played for us since Makin, he tore the mags a new arse down the right in the Richardson free kick game

I know what you mean mate
I remember thinking there is no way we would get Malbranque :lol:
When I found out we were getting Cissé I wanked myself into oblivion

Half a dozen games he played he was a way in front of any right back who played for us since Makin, he tore the mags a new arse down the right in the Richardson free kick game

Agreed, shit attitude but an obviously decent footballer

Dream on mate

I liked him, Super Sleeves. Unlike defenders like Andy Melville or Billy Ocean, who hoofed the ball like a demented dog or petrified knackered horse into row Z or sometimes G or sometimes L, he was composed and tried to play out front the back, so as to not constantly invite pressure on the long-suffering bastards at the back.

More like carpet city

I liked him, Super Sleeves. Unlike defenders like Andy Melville or Billy Ocean, who hoofed the ball like a demented dog or petrified knackered horse into row Z or sometimes G or sometimes L, he was composed and tried to play out front the back, so as to not constantly invite pressure on the long-suffering bastards at the back.

He started quite well, then more or less his c*ntishness shone through and it stopped. Good player, although it didn't last long, complete arsehole.

Don't ask for much do ya'?:lol:

Bit of ambition? Clear water between us and the Watford's, Baggies and Swansea's? Successful as a Stoke fan? You are going to have to emigrate to some unknown Island in the Pacific Ocean if you don't want to be let down.

Not concerned in the slightest?
Right now I'm honestly not. Moyes only been here a week. If we've signed no one at all before season starts I'd be concerned.

I think we are solid enough to pick up points early in the season with the squad we have. I'm confident we'll sign 3 or 4 first team players.

Right now I'm honestly not. Moyes only been here a week. If we've signed no one at all before season starts I'd be concerned.

I think we are solid enough to pick up points early in the season with the squad we have. I'm confident we'll sign 3 or 4 first team players.
We have a wafer thin squad, one or two injuries in the next week or so and were struggling... If anything happens to Defoe we're screwed as it is atm..

We have a wafer thin squad, one or two injuries in the next week or so and were struggling... If anything happens to Defoe we're screwed as it is atm..
Yeah we do but I'm confident we'll sign 3 or 4 1st team players before the window is shut.

But the transfer window isn't shut yet. We all know we're a bit thin and it would be absolute stupidity not to sign 3/4 players, but we haven't got to that stage yet and the season hasn't kicked off.

Another pathetic transfer window from Sunderland.

We've one good one in 5 years so Ellis is clearly happy with that.

In no way was the window listed in this thread pathetic, for where we were as a club at the time it was quite good actually even if about half the players turned out to be wastes of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back