British backpacker killed in Australian hostel

Status
Not open for further replies.

"A French suspect, 29, who allegedly said the Arabic phrase "Allahu akbar" during the attack, has been arrested.

Police said they were investigating a number of possible motivations, including drugs misuse, mental health issues and extremism."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-37171751

Poor bairn, off fruit picking and seeing the world then that's it, snuffed out. RIP :cry:

You have to love how they don't "religious extremism" in case anyone is offended. Just plain old extremism.

"A French suspect, 29, who allegedly said the Arabic phrase "Allahu akbar" during the attack, has been arrested.

Police said they were investigating a number of possible motivations, including drugs misuse, mental health issues and extremism."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-37171751

Poor bairn, off fruit picking and seeing the world then that's it, snuffed out. RIP :cry:

I would always avoid any holiday locations that are a bit unsafe, but hell, you'd think you'd be risk free in Oz picking fruit. What a waste of another innocent life.

I would always avoid any holiday locations that are a bit unsafe, but hell, you'd think you'd be risk free in Oz picking fruit. What a waste of another innocent life.
My daughter is out in Oz right now, in a hostel in Perth doing just that - hence the resonance with me.

Scary to think about it, but then it could be equally just be crossing the road and a car hits you so you just have to get on with life, I guess.

My daughter is out in Oz right now, in a hostel in Perth doing just that - hence the resonance with me.

Scary to think about it, but then it could be equally just be crossing the road and a car hits you so you just have to get on with life, I guess.

100% this. Rather your kids lived a life and enjoyed it with a slight risk attached rather than doing nothing because they might get hurt.

My sister live near there for quite a few years,and nearly died because she was in a car accident and was'nt found for hours.

Looks like ISIS are fully committed to these horrendous sneak attacks now. She was a wad who had her whole life ahead of her, exactly the type these oddballs f***ing hate

Much more likely in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back