Bradley update - It's bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy1976

Midfield
Our worst fears have been confirmed I'm afraid.
Devastated!

"So as most of you know Bradley's had scans the last few days. To cut a long story short I'm devastated to let use know that his cancer has continued to grow. We have had a meeting with Bradley's consultant and he has giving us three options but all three options only give us time with Bradley.
First option is to take him home and stop all treatment this would only give us 2 month. Bradley's consultant said if it was him he would do this. Second option is to give Bradley some oral chemo which is weak on the bloods. This is a palliative care option and he doesn't think it will do anything but he said we could try. Third option is that he is willing to give a antibody and chemo combination that I was looking to go to America for if we can fund the drugs which is obviously not a problem. However he believes if we do that we could lose Bradley through treatment and we will be in hospital for at least two months. He believes regardless of the three options we have they all have the same outcome and that is Bradley will lose his fight. I honestly have no words to how heart broken I am right now. I really don't know how I'm going to make a decision either to take my baby home and have a couple of months with him or put him through more gruelling treatment that could leave him fighting for his life and to have the same outcome. Bradley and his daddy having cuddles today ❤️❤️❤️"

:cry::cry:
Copied from Facebook
"So as most of you know Bradley's had scans the last few days. To cut a long story short I'm devastated to let use know that his cancer has continued to grow. We have had a meeting with Bradley's consultant and he has giving us three options but all three options only give us time with Bradley.
First option is to take him home and stop all treatment this would only give us 2 month. Bradley's consultant said if it was him he would do this. Second option is to give Bradley some oral chemo which is weak on the bloods. This is a palliative care option and he doesn't think it will do anything but he said we could try. Third option is that he is willing to give a antibody and chemo combination that I was looking to go to America for if we can fund the drugs which is obviously not a problem. However he believes if we do that we could lose Bradley through treatment and we will be in hospital for at least two months. He believes regardless of the three options we have they all have the same outcome and that is Bradley will lose his fight. I honestly have no words to how heart broken I am right now. I really don't know how I'm going to make a decision either to take my baby home and have a couple of months with him or put him through more gruelling treatment that could leave him fighting for his life and to have the same outcome. Bradley and his daddy having cuddles today ❤️❤️❤️"

Absolutely wounded, thoughts with the parents at this time having to make a decision no parent should ever have to. Gutted for them.

I've just seen this on Facebook. Devestating news. Thoughts are with Bradley and his family and I prey he can have as good a xmas as possible

:cry::cry:
Copied from Facebook

That is horrible news

Thoughts are with the bairn and the family

It's horrible for everyone that has supported him and willed him to get better from a distance. How his family and close friends must be feeling :cry:

Our worst fears have been confirmed I'm afraid.
Devastated!

:cry:
And apologies I hadn't seen this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back