1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BPA Contractual Parking Notice

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Lonz, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonz

Lonz Winger

Just got one of these for when I parked in a supermarket car park. Am I right in thinking these aren't enforceable?
  2. snelleton

snelleton Striker

3. japs

japs Striker

I thought the rules had changed so they were now?
  4. D.A

D.A Striker

Why did you get a ticket?
  5. Le Chuck

Le Chuck Striker

6. Lonz

Lonz Winger

I parked in a supermarket car park for longer than two hours.
  7. consettsafc

consettsafc Striker

I have just had 6 land on my doorstep after my trips to Sunderland General Hospital, I even have the paid for tickets, fucking chancers can fuck off.
  8. Noiser

Noiser Central Defender

Had one from Excel last year, totally unenforcable. Basically if they were to take you to court, it would be a civil case them vs you. They can only recover costs through the civil court that they have incurred a loss as a result of your actions, and as you parking there hasnt actually cost them anything, they cant enforce it. IIRC only 1 case has ever went to court, and the company lost. They will however send you some official looking letters threatening court action, but it will never get that far.

You're best off ignoring them completely, as they give up sooner :)
  9. D.A

D.A Striker

Did you know there was a limit?
  10. TiredEyes

TiredEyes Winger

This.
  11. r@mside

r@mside Winger

One way round paying private parking charges was to refuse to name the driver. In a previous discussion here, someone posted that the law changed in October and the registered keeper is liable if they can't name the driver.

However Noiser's response could be right when it comes to overstaying, especially when no charge applies in the first place.
  12. consettsafc

consettsafc Striker

What if you have the tickets and they still try it on?
  13. r@mside

r@mside Winger

Common sense would say they made a f**k up. What can they do if you show them proof you've paid?

You can play it out whichever way entertains you most, I suppose.
  14. Lonz

Lonz Winger

Didn't see any signs like.
  15. Terry Tangles

Terry Tangles New Member

Didn't see or didn't look ?
  16. Lonz

Lonz Winger

I dare say they're there and probably quite clear so saying I didn't look isn't going to hold any water.
  17. That's simply brilliant. I love it when he offers them English lessons to correct the poor grammar in their letters. I'm bookmarking that to see where it ends up.
  18. Typhoonftm

Typhoonftm Striker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.