Bournemouth away

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would people be getting to this? Just been checking train prices and they're fairly cheap.

Does anyone know of any good hotels to stay in down there as well?

Loads of hotels in Bournemouth Town Centre if you're down for the weekend, which would be ideal for a night on the hoy. If you're down just for the match, I'd look at hotels in and around Boscombe, which is the area that the ground is in. The date of the match is just out of school holiday season too, so should pick up a cheap couple of nights in the independent hotels and B&Bs. This was the first fixture I looked for apart from the mags and I'm gutted as I'm away in France when the game is on. Was going to take my eldest to his first game, gutted.

Fly to Southampton via Flybe and train to Bournemouth (about an hour I seem to remember).

We went there on a stag do and the whole journey is nowt and quite cheap

What's cheap out of interest mate? Can't be bothered to check :lol:

About 68ish return

Loads of hotels in Bournemouth Town Centre if you're down for the weekend, which would be ideal for a night on the hoy. If you're down just for the match, I'd look at hotels in and around Boscombe, which is the area that the ground is in. The date of the match is just out of school holiday season too, so should pick up a cheap couple of nights in the independent hotels and B&Bs. This was the first fixture I looked for apart from the mags and I'm gutted as I'm away in France when the game is on. Was going to take my eldest to his first game, gutted.

What's Bournemouth like for a night out? Any good?

Last edited:
About 68ish return

It's a decent night out for whatever you're looking for really. Plenty of decent pubs serving good beer if that's what you're, and there's a good set of "trendy" bars and clubs too if you want to try your luck with the local blart. Some places can be quite pretentious though, there can be a few weekend millionaires knocking about.

About 68ish return

How would people be getting to this? Just been checking train prices and they're fairly cheap.

Does anyone know of any good hotels to stay in down there as well?

As already said, if you are just going for the game stay towards Boscombe. If you are after a night out there's loads in the town centre shop around for availability and pricing.

If you want cheap and basic try the TravelRest

Or a bit nicer but will cost you more you have the PremierInn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back