Bob Horn RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

riffraff

Striker
Retired Echo journalist dies in fall from cruise ship after leaving Montevideo.
I think he spent his entire working life on the Echo. Covered the Houghton/Hetton area for a long time.
RIP

Really sad news. Drank with Bobby after the match in the Navy Club for the last few years along with his mates who are a cracking set of lads. Found out about this sad event on Saturday when i got back from the match and it really put things into perspective. Will be a huge miss. RIP Bobby mate.

Really sad news. Drank with Bobby after the match in the Navy Club for the last few years along with his mates who are a cracking set of lads. Found out about this sad event on Saturday when i got back from the match and it really put things into perspective. Will be a huge miss. RIP Bobby mate.

I used to take my posses from Peterlee into the Navy Club

I was The Blackcat Mackem in those days...............;)

Went to school with "Dobbie" as he was known,he turned out for the Hastings Hill in the Echo quiz league the last few years,canny lad.
He liked a drink as well,I suppose that will be my epitaph too.
RIP mate.

I only met him once and that was years n years ago but he was the first real live journo Id met so he stuck in my head.

Very sad news. Familiar face around Houghton, an excellent journalist and will obviously be sadly missed. R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back