Birmingham parking

there's parking on some industrial estates the top of garrison road on the left as you go up. takes a canny while to get out afterwards though if you're in a hurry. we used to park off great barr road where the car dealer is but they've put restrictions there now. personally i'd go for garrison road as it's a bit more safe than most surrounding areas (not too hard to do mind)

edit. if you do go for garrison road, make sure you turn the right way when walking to the ground as you can end up walking a fair bit further round the streets to get to our end.

Last edited:
Just as a reminder if anyone ventures in to Birmingham itself there’s a congestion charge and big fine for not paying.

There was parking just outside The Cricketers last year and a short walk to tbe ground from there

If only I had a ticket that's where I would park this time :lol:

Last edited:
Just as a reminder if anyone ventures in to Birmingham itself there’s a congestion charge and big fine for not paying.
It’s a clean air zone. You can pay 6 or 7 days before and the same after. Look out for the green signs. Most modern cars are exempt. You can check if you are liable for payment online before travelling. Just google clean air zone Birmingham or if that doesn’t work, you’ll be able to check via Birmingham city council website.

Parking should be fine if you get there early enough. Personally, I’d pull off before Garrison lane, even if it means a bit longer walk - You should make up the time escaping the traffic queue.

It’s a clean air zone. You can pay 6 or 7 days before and the same after. Look out for the green signs. Most modern cars are exempt. You can check if you are liable for payment online before travelling. Just google clean air zone Birmingham or if that doesn’t work, you’ll be able to check via Birmingham city council website.

Parking should be fine if you get there early enough. Personally, I’d pull off before Garrison lane, even if it means a bit longer walk - You should make up the time escaping the traffic queue.
Good advice, I’m going in the train myself though, Bordesley station is about half a mile walk. Going to go into Chinese quarter for lunch and head over after that. I’m only travelling from Coventry though.

I park at Tamworth Railway Station....Canny Pubs for Grub and Ale on the High Street and then Train into Central Brum, then 20 minute walk to the Ground. :cool:

Back