Billy Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anybody who actually watched the match, how did he play?

Haven't been too impressed with PVA so far, would Jones warrent a start on Saturday or will he be a right back that can cover left back?

Horrible performance in truth. Got skinned alive a few times and and couldn't/wouldn't get up and support as he didn't want the ball on his left foot and killed many attacks by turning back inside. Having two right footers down the left hand side made us horribly unbalanced.

Maybe he needed the game and maybe he was out of position, but the early signs were worrying.

I've not been PVA's biggest fan so far.

He's been very suspect defensively and took a while to suss out Valencia. When he did he was pretty good though.

He can be very wasteful in possession at times too. Quite a few times he'll lose the ball trying to over-complicate things. He did it in our half against Utd and fortunately it fell to Rooney who wasted it again.

But is pace is very important to us. I can be a great outlet when we're under the cosh and the lad does have a fair amount of potential. I'd stick with him for now and let him settle.

Pva is a good attacking pacey full back but yes he is a bit suspect defensively. However, if he was great defensively as well as great going forward he wouldn't be playing for us

PVA will be a very good signing. Give him more than two premier league games before ripping him to shreds. This will be the first time he is first choice for a premier league club, let him get upto speed with playing in holland and im sure he will be as good as alonso. I think he looks better attacking than alonso did, he just needs to work on defending and he'll be great. Give him time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back