Big club bias

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen him play many times pal. He's a good player.

International class? You're smoking crack.
were any of the Icelands international class though? Noble strikes me as someone who'll give 100% and has a bit skill. Upmarket Catts. He should have gone too! :lol:

Picked a squad to play the diamond and then didn't even play it in the tournament.

Loads of players in wrong positions

No movement or any idea of strategy or tactics.

Total clusterfuck.

Antonio, Drinkwater, Carroll, Defoe, Noble, Townsend can all consider themselves very unlucky. Why the hell we played a 433 and took 5 central strikers (inc Rooney) and only 1 winger is unbelievable stupidity. Equally, if you're taking that many strikers, 1 of them HAS to be Andy Carroll, because he's completely different to all the rest, and would've been a damn sight more useful than ANY of the forwards we played given the system we chose to use, and the deep-lying nature of the opposition in general.

Carroll should have been a bench option, Michail Antonio & Townsend should have gone if we were to play a 433, and Drinkwater/Noble would have been far more useful than either James Milner or the half-fit ghost of Jack Wilshere. You could argue a place for Defoe aswell, but I wouldn't be critical of that without hindsight. The others, were bleeding obvious however. Why play a 433 when we took players very specifically to suit a diamond, and then tried to shoehorn players into the team who were out of position and in some cases, grossly unfit.

For starters none of Sturridge, Wilshere, Sterling or Rashford should have been there.

They were either unfit or horribly out of form and had no business being near the national squad.

No slight on Rashford but give me a f***ing break, he’s a kid who isn’t even near established at club level. He played about 10 mins the whole tournament, what a waste of a spot.

Look at the clubs they play for and you start to see the OPs point.

Defoe, Drinkwater, Townsend and Carroll every day of the week.

Not hindsight either.

For starters none of Sturridge, Wilshere, Sterling or Rashford should have been there.

They were either unfit or horribly out of form and had no business being near the national squad.

No slight on Rashford but give me a f***ing break, he’s a kid who isn’t even near established at club level. He played about 10 mins the whole tournament, what a waste of a spot.

Not hindsight either.
Michail Antonio definitely & possibly Mark Noble aswell.

We're just shite. Complete and utter shite, overrated, overpaid, cheating, diving spineless twats. They're obviously carried by foreign brilliance in the premier league and have been managed by a bloke who has the vague, gormless expression of a senile old fella waiting to be spoon fed his pudding.

I'm amazed we got to the f***ing knock out stage.

Iceland ffs

Fuck me our players are not good enough and have not been for years,the very fact some people are saying Mark Noble and Danny Drinkwater should have gone says it all.

We had no creativity at all,people quoting other players who should have went them are shit too.

Not hindsight either.

3 of them players have been deemed not good enough at club level and been moved on by they managers yet all of sudden they would have been better England players than the ones selected.

IMO none of them would have made any difference whatsoever as simply not good enough along with the shit already selected.

Last edited:
And keeps a proper midfielder out of the side.

He's a nice bloke Roy, but his resignation was the most predictable thing of the entire tournament. The players he has available are way better than they have shown and his tactics and squad selection have held the team back.

Enjoy your retirement Roy, but sadly your England reign is 'up there' with Taylor, Hoddle and Maclaren and that's what you will be remembered for now.
Hoddle did well and had us playing good football. He was unlucky to get knocked out of the World Cup with 10 men against a decent Argentina team. You can't lump him in with those two idiots.

Your missing the point. Sunderland work under finacial restrictions to aquire players and managers coaching staff ect. England are supposedly fielding the Eleven best Englishmen in the country with a none too cheap manager and coaching team.
Sunderland would have shown a lot more heart under Sam playing against Iceland. A stronger word for pathetic needs to be invented because it's just not descriptive enough for England!
Well my point is I wouldn't turn my back on Sunderland if they got shit results (and they usually do) and it's the same for England. Yes, I'm pissed off, but I'll still be hoping we qualify for the world cup.

Well my point is I wouldn't turn my back on Sunderland if they got shit results (and they usually do) and it's the same for England. Yes, I'm pissed off, but I'll still be hoping we qualify for the world cup.

Me too. And just once in my lifetime I hope that we get a manager who plays in form players in their correct positions, irrespective of which club they play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back