Bernard Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at one of the nights in question and the remark was taken completely out of context in order to make it look bad. It was ten seconds of a huge bit about 24hr news and the cynicism you develop when being bombarded with sensationalist doom and gloom every waking moment.

Oh, I know full well what he was getting at. He made the mistake of naming a man who was facing a slow beheading by murdering scum. It had to be something off the cuff, I can't believe anyone else knew what he was going to say else there'd have been a word in his ear.

He's no more racist than Chris Rock and I think both men are funny.

Chris Rock's Niggas vs. Black People is one of the funniest pieces of comedy I've ever seen.
It's on YT if anyone wants a look, amazing stuff. He must've been shitting himself the first time he did it!

Last edited:

Definitely had the odour of yew tree activities about him.
Fat dirty racist old pervert who lived with his mam all his life.
I had the misfortune to be dragged to his revolting club in manchester many many moons ago.
It took me ages to wash the filth I felt I felt was clinging to me for weeks after.

Bernard didn't live with his mam all his life, he was married, kids and grandkids.

They need to repeat this, loved it as a teenager:

you can get the lot on DVD. Raw and very funny

eg. Ringing the bell for order. By order of the committee, the sign on the wall in the gents, wet paint, is a warning and not an invitation

bought love thy neighbour as well.

the total irony of that show, is that the white racist bloke is shown up to be a total buffoon

watch some on YouTube.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two old maids on a beach, streaker ran past, one had a stroke, the other one couldn't reach.

'Seriously folks, I didn't mean that. My grandfather died at Auschwitz' - crowd goes quite - 'very sad. He fell out of the machine gun tower'.

Man says to his wife: 'Pack your bags, I've won the Lottery.' She says: 'What should I pack? Something light, something warm? Where are we going?' He says: 'We're going nowhere. Just pack your bags and fuck off.

There's two fellas running down the road "help! help! a lions escaped"
A passerby said "which way did it go?"
One of the fellas says "you stupid ****, you don't think we're fuckin chasing it do ya????"

"I see they've found Donald Campbell's body - it came out of a tap in Huddersfield!"

Racist? Bigoted? Unpleasant? No, just a keen and very funny observer of human life.
I remember him coming out with that when being interviewed by Michael Parkinson on his Saturday night show.
He said the first bit, and you could see Parkinson put his head down with his hand on his forehead thinking "oh no f***ing hell" he knew something was coming.
When he said " he came out of a tap in Huddersfield" Parkinson simply couldn't control himself the whole place was in uncontrolled laughter.

Definitely had the odour of yew tree activities about him.
Fat dirty racist old pervert who lived with his mam all his life.
I had the misfortune to be dragged to his revolting club in manchester many many moons ago.
It took me ages to wash the filth I felt I felt was clinging to me for weeks after.
We are a sensitive little soul aren't we.

Racist? Bigoted? Unpleasant? Yes, AND a keen and very funny observer of human life.

Tidied

The only comedian where I've been to see him and laughed from start to finish.
Can't imagine id even break out into a chuckle if I went to see Russell Howard.

Every genre of comedy has its strong and weak performers though. On the one hand, Bernard Manning. On the other, Stan Boardman.

Last edited:
Haven't read the whole thread but the clip of him abusing the Japanese / oriental punter in the audience is shocking like and I'm about as 'un' PC as they come. Funny bloke but that was bang out of order

A very funny man, very much "of his time".

I can see why people don't like him. I'll laugh at any joke about any subject provided it's funny.

Haven't read the whole thread but the clip of him abusing the Japanese / oriental punter in the audience is shocking like and I'm about as 'un' PC as they come. Funny bloke but that was bang out of order

Yeah thats the stuff that makes me uncomfortable. Loads of people act as if it was ok, but he was a nasty racist at times, not just poking fun at stereotypes or something.

Shame cos he was naturally funny.

Chris Rock's Niggas vs. Black People is one of the funniest pieces of comedy I've ever seen.
It's on YT if anyone wants a look, amazing stuff. He must've been shitting himself the first time he did it!

I just watched that on your recommendation. I've had cricks in my neck that I found funnier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back