Bernard Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange definition of destroying that was tbh. :lol::lol::lol:

I think Wilson was a gentleman throughout. Manning came across as all the bad things people say about him.
I thinking he was playing up to it, mind, but it backfired IMO.

No he didn't and no he wasn't

We'll have to agree to disagree.
I like Manning, as I said, but that was a cringeworthy interview. I remember watching it at the time. Awful.

Last edited:
I think Wilson was a gentleman throughout. Manning came across as all the bad things people say about him.
I thinking he was playing up to it, mind, but it backfired IMO.

We'll have to agree to disagree.
I like Manning, as I said, but that was a cringeworthy interview. I remember watching it at the time. Awful.
In all fairness, he was invited onto the show to give Aherne, the producers, studio audience and viewers a shock. He was setup and he knew it - I'm sure I even read somewhere about it. Thing is, Richard Wilson and Bernard Manning both played to their persona (be it an act or real) and as such even though some of it may have made people cringe, I'd say there was plenty of laughs in there too.

Ironic how the man with one foot in the grave is the only one left.

In all fairness, he was invited onto the show to give Aherne, the producers, studio audience and viewers a shock. He was setup and he knew it - I'm sure I even read somewhere about it. Thing is, Richard Wilson and Bernard Manning both played to their persona (be it an act or real) and as such even though some of it may have made people cringe, I'd say there was plenty of laughs in there too.

Ironic how the man with one foot in the grave is the only one left.

Fair comments there, mind!

Was he funny? I'm too young to remember him, so have watched a fair bit of his stuff after reading about how offensive he was.

He was definitely offensive - but did you like his comedy?

Came across this rather odd life after death documentary on him.

Definitely had the odour of yew tree activities about him.
Fat dirty racist old pervert who lived with his mam all his life.
I had the misfortune to be dragged to his revolting club in manchester many many moons ago.
It took me ages to wash the filth I felt I felt was clinging to me for weeks after.

I had the misfortune to be dragged to his revolting club in manchester many many moons ago.
It took me ages to wash the filth I felt I felt was clinging to me for weeks after.
You just want to fight the world don't you? You're just angry all the time.

He only lived with his Mother after his wife died, she died when she was 57 so not old

I'm not like, I just don't think old racist fat knackers are funny. It's called having comedy standards
How can he be classed as a racist when he took the piss out of everyone including the Jews and he was from Jewish ancestry .... This is the problem these days every fucker is to easily offended ... The PC thing is f***ing ridiculous now

There used to be a wheel tappers and shutters club in Benidorm where most of the old comedian gang turned up from time to time.
Two of my favourites there were Frank Carson and Mick Miller who had me in stitches the minute he walked on stage.

Same with Billy Connolly's awful remark about Ken Bigley. Horrendous.

I was at one of the nights in question and the remark was taken completely out of context in order to make it look bad. It was ten seconds of a huge bit about 24hr news and the cynicism you develop when being bombarded with sensationalist doom and gloom every waking moment.

How can he be classed as a racist when he took the piss out of everyone including the Jews and he was from Jewish ancestry .... This is the problem these days every fucker is to easily offended ... The PC thing is f***ing ridiculous now
He's no more racist than Chris Rock and I think both men are funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back