Ben Stokes Unavailable For T20 World Cup

The England Test captain’s primary focus is to get fully fit to bowl not only for the summer of Test cricket, which includes two three-match Test series’ against West Indies and Sri Lanka respectively, but for all cricket in the future.

Commenting on his decision, Stokes said:

“I’m working hard and focusing on building my bowling fitness back up to fulfil a full role as an all-rounder in all formats of cricket.

“Opting out of the IPL and the World Cup will hopefully be a sacrifice that allows me to be the all-rounder I want to be for the foreseeable future.

This, far rather him be available than not, on paper he improves every aspect of our team.

Just hope that players who miss out aren't too unhappy and understand it. Will hopefully attract a few more people through the door too if he's playing
Yeah these are the type of problems good teams need to have, Durham last season adopted the same positive approach as his England side so he will fit in fine and anybody who misses out will understand for such a great player.

Yeah these are the type of problems good teams need to have, Durham last season adopted the same positive approach as his England side so he will fit in fine and anybody who misses out will understand for such a great player.
He'll be good to have around the place too no doubt, for younger players who are in the 2nd XI to bowl at him (or be bowled at by him) in the nets etc

Be nice if he fits a few games in, also be nice if we saw Woody this season too

Back