Beacon of Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like a box. I'm not sure about how the "striking design" would age, but it might be okay with the lights on. I like the idea of the pitches round the side.

Hope it goes ahead, it would be good to keep growing different activities around the stadium.

i like the idea of that like, is it an april fool? I would hope there could be faciltiies and entertainment pre match added too, like a fan park with loadsa activities going on like they have in germany

I'm not a fan of it ruining the view of the stadium like.

All the benefits it's gonna bring to the city and the people of Sunderland, your bothered about a view from Southwick?

All the benefits it's gonna bring to the city and the people of Sunderland, your bothered about a view from Southwick?

I am, yeah, it's our stadium and home, we are a football club first and foremost. I think it's fair that we should be looking to preserve the view of the stadium.

I am, yeah, it's our stadium and home, we are a football club first and foremost. I think it's fair that we should be looking to preserve the view of the stadium.
The swimming baths totally ruined the look of the ground from that side (looks a clip itself these days, rusting and covered in crap), would have been nice to have just kept it as grass, or at least not build quite as close to the stadium.

The swimming baths totally ruined the look of the ground from that side (looks a clip itself these days, rusting and covered in crap), would have been nice to have just kept it as grass, or at least not build quite as close to the stadium.

Yeah it's a shame, I actually hate that swimming baths as well, it looks awful.

I used to think the stadium looked class when you were coming down that road from Wessington Way. Suppose you can still see the roof from across in town.

Fair play pal, but a football club is not just 11 v 11 on a Saturday anymore. It's so much more than that and I'm buzzing for this.

Creating jobs, reducing unemployment, improving young peoples education, health & well-being is more important than a view for me.

I wish I had this when I was a kid.

Fair play pal, but a football club is not just 11 v 11 on a Saturday anymore. It's so much more than that and I'm buzzing for this.

Creating jobs, reducing unemployment, improving young peoples education, health & well-being is more important than a view for me.

I wish I had this when I was a kid.

True, I'm not against what the club is doing, just think it's a shame to lose a great view of the stadium.

That said I don't think the club give a toss about the ground anyway, the thing is filthy and has zero character. Wish we'd show a little more interest in taking pride in our own stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back