Baseball Post Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most boring spectator sport ever

It would have to get a f***ing shit load better to be classed as boring. I tried watching a game while waiting for our lass to get ready in the Dominican republic 20 years ago. If they played this sport in Hogwarts the dementors would f***ing top themselves....

Had game 1 on VOD today, Lester was all over the joint.

Sounds pretty good tonight for the Cubs, who I would secretly like to win.

Well, that's what the Cubs have been doing all year long, keeping the pressure on. Good game to keep the series nicely poised at 1-1 going into Chi. But the Indians pitched poorly tonight.

Ok. So it's settled down now. Can we please have a couple of nice pitchers' duels in the Ivy at Wrigley Field? Thanks.

Last edited:
It would have to get a f***ing shit load better to be classed as boring. I tried watching a game while waiting for our lass to get ready in the Dominican republic 20 years ago. If they played this sport in Hogwarts the dementors would f***ing top themselves....
Unbelievable how long a game lasts too

Well, that's what the Cubs have been doing all year long, keeping the pressure on. Good game to keep the series nicely poised at 1-1 going into Chi. But the Indians pitched poorly tonight.

Ok. So it's settled down now. Can we please have a couple of nice pitchers' duels in the Ivy at Wrigley Field? Thanks.
Tomlin and Kluber next on the rotation for the Indians, so should see something better than that display last night.
As soon as I saw McAllister and Shaw out the bullpen I knew it was bye with, don't think I saw either of them pitch two clean innings at any point in the regular season.

Just caught up now having avoided internet all day. Bit disappointing not to get on the board late on but still a long way to go.

As for the commentators. For anyone who watched on BT last night who were they? Don't know if they were MLB.tv's own guys but they were horrible. Len Casper and Jim Deshaies who normally do the Cubs games are excellent. The Fox crew who did the NLDS and the NLCS were ok. I couldn't work out last night if they were the Indians crew or supposed to be neutral

Pretty sure it's MLB's own international feed. Not as many "shout outs" to our brave soldiers overseas as there used to be, but I still think it's that.

Pretty sure it's MLB's own international feed. Not as many "shout outs" to our brave soldiers overseas as there used to be, but I still think it's that.
Your right it is. I paid a bit of attention and did some googling.
Buck Martinez is the play by play guy for the Blue Jays. I knew there was a bias towards the AL. They were so one sided in game 1 I thought they were the Indians guys.

Anyway much better last night. 1-1 back to the friendly confines. I'll take that. Hendricks up next. I think rolling out Starters on short rest will come back to bite the Indians. And how about Schwarber?

Your right it is. I paid a bit of attention and did some googling.
Buck Martinez is the play by play guy for the Blue Jays. I knew there was a bias towards the AL. They were so one sided in game 1 I thought they were the Indians guys.

Anyway much better last night. 1-1 back to the friendly confines. I'll take that. Hendricks up next. I think rolling out Starters on short rest will come back to bite the Indians. And how about Schwarber?
It would be a huge disappointment if he is not cleared to play at Wrigley. He has been nothing short of fantastic for the cubbies and deserves to be playing every game.

It would be a huge disappointment if he is not cleared to play at Wrigley. He has been nothing short of fantastic for the cubbies and deserves to be playing every game.

He has just took a few ball in the outfield. He will be in.

Edit: Schwarber NOT cleared to play outfield.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has just took a few ball in the outfield. He will be in.

Edit: Schwarber NOT cleared to play outfield.
:(
I heard. He can still pinch hit, but it would have been nice to see him play in the outfield again. It's impressive enough that he is playing at all, though.

Can't wait for tonight's game.

GO CUBBIES!

Logon or register to see this image

The Schwarber love in going down well in the Cleveland area :lol:

Tight game last night, fell asleep end of the 4th, but Indians won it 1-0, Coco Crisp RBI in the 7th let Michael Martinez get the only run of the night.

I finally got my pitchers' duel and it was pretty much a classic. Great game to watch, right to the final at bat. Can't ask for more from a WS game but I will.

More please. :D

I hope that it goes down to the wire. Sometimes the WS doesn't live up to the hype, but this one is hitting the spots....so to speak.

Indians up 7-2, Jason Kipnis scoring the first 3 run HR at Wrigley since Babe Ruth in 1932.

Unless the Chicago Hibs get five runs the Indians are going 3-1 up in the series

Edit: Nope finished 7-2 on the night, Indians 1 win away from a World Series :eek:

Correction : Indians up 7-2, Jason Kipnis scoring the first 3 run HR IN POST SEASON at Wrigley since Babe Ruth in 1932.
Bit tired and mistyped. Time for bed

Game 5, last game at Wrigley this season.

Bauer for the Indians has been average this post season, heres hoping he gets his act together and brings the trophy home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back