+++ Barcelona 🇪🇸 v PSG 🇫🇷 kick off 2000 TNT Sports 1 TNT Sports Ultimate +++

That ref didn't get to do this game buying a scratch card. He did it because he's at the top of his profession, knows the rules inside out and has years of experience. However he's totally wrong because some fat knacker slurping a can, watching slow motion replays 20 times and typing on a message board says so.

Ignore the red and ask yourself "Was it a foul?"

Now I've seen it again, it's a clear foul for me as he's clipped the PSG player. Slow motion takes away the force but you can see the Barcelona player's left knee/lower thigh hits the back of the PSG player's thigh with some force as you see the deflection of the Barcelona player's leg as it changes direction and the way the impact travels back through his leg.

Given the PSG player was in on goal then it's a red card for denying a goalscoring opportunity. It's a shame as it was just outside the box so it would have been a yellow and a penna instead.

Logon or register to see this image

The faster version shows it even clearer for me as you can see the Barcelona player's stride is affected considerably due to the impact.

Logon or register to see this image
From that clip the PSG player seems to lean over into the path of the Barcelona player.

Harsh red for me.

Back