Back Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torbald

Goalkeeper
We currently have Brown, O'Shea, PVA, Jones, probably Coates, and perhaps Vergini. If we were to sign any of the four that the media keeps suggesting - Van Dijk, Jenkinson, Byram, and Vlaar, what would be the best starting four out of that?

We currently have Brown, O'Shea, PVA, Jones, probably Coates, and perhaps Vergini. If we were to sign any of the four that the media keeps suggesting - Van Dijk, Jenkinson, Byram, and Vlaar, what would be the best starting four out of that?
The 4 right backs If we were up against a cracking left winger ;)
Or should I say 4 of even!

PVA, OShea, Brown, Jones currently...
Yeah, all four are cracking cover but perhaps not good enough for a whole season. In an ideal world we'd bring in four first choice players but it's not an ideal world. First choice centre half and either right back or left back and Coates as competition probably the best we can hope for until January.

I'll stick my neck out and predict that we won't sign any of those lads - it will be an unknown 20yr old from the french 2nd division or something.

PVA LB then any 3 of the 4 new ones

The concern IMO is the reports that before signing a new defender we need to wait to sell the clown who we don't want, who we haven't even signed yet, who we're about to spend a couple of million on, plus agent fees, plus wages, when only one person (no longer at the club) rated him, because it was one of our really clever ways around FFP. The recruitment shambles goes on.

We badly need two more even after we sign Coates.

PVA LB then any 3 of the 4 new ones

We won't sign 4 new defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back