Arsenal fan on Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

John smiths is f***ing class

Love to see them shandy drinkers try a few bottles of Double maxim
The days of us having the premium beers and. The cockneys drinking pints of flat piss hank are long gone , with the demise of keg beers , they have most of the best real ales down there now , we are fighting back with some decent ales from local micro breweries but times have changed .
All the beers we drank in the 70/80s , samson , double maxim , exhibition , strongarm. , bass etc are gone .
Oh and he is spot on john smiths is just piss.
I can get a nice pint of stringarm in my local village pub . But as a keg beer drinker all my life i have had to switch to " real ales " , if I'm forced to I occassionally will have a pint of magnet but JS ?
Almost makes me order a lager urghhh.

The days of us having the premium beers and. The cockneys drinking pints of flat piss hank are long gone , with the demise of keg beers , they have most of the best real ales down there now , we are fighting back with some decent ales from local micro breweries but times have changed .
All the beers we drank in the 70/80s , samson , double maxim , exhibition , strongarm. , bass etc are gone .
Oh and he is spot on john smiths is just piss.
I can get a nice pint of stringarm in my local village pub . But as a keg beer drinker all my life i have had to switch to " real ales " , if I'm forced to I occassionally will have a pint of magnet but JS ?
Almost makes me order a lager urghhh.

They have Strongarm ( Cameron's ) up the club I drink in & magnet but nee John smiths

I'm getting thirsty now :evil:

I dont mind arsenal fans. Can remember the game against them in april / may 91. There was a bit respect between the fans. Play football generally in the right way though wenger can be a tit at times.

It sounded more like a theatre review to me than a footy article. It's just a bit too well written, I'm sure the chap who wrote it is nice enough but when one uses one's correct grammar too much one doesn't sound like a proper footy fan.

If keg beers have gone out of fashion, what is beer produced in now?

I feel embarrassed to ask this as I live in a brewing town.

Last edited:
I met about thirty arsenal fans walking to match once. Got talking to them on fawcett Street and all the way to the ground. They couldn't believe that they'd seen some fella stop an old woman and ask how she was doing...

Talked to them the whole way to the ground and then we said our good lucks and goodbyes.

Great set of lads. Hated arsenal before due to a glory hunting mate. Quite like them now.

I do think we have a friendly group of fans (unless provoked) and I think they do too.

I'd like to think that we are looked upon by others as we look upon Wigan. A great away day that everyone enjoys.

It sounded more like a theatre review to me than a footy article. It's just a bit too well written, I'm sure the chap who wrote it is nice enough but when one uses one's correct grammar too much one doesn't sound like a proper footy fan.

It simply isn't possible to win with you is it, my good sir?

How forums work:

I met an Arsenal supporter in 1997, great lad, all Gooners are great.
I met another Arsenal supporter in 2004, a complete bell end, all Gooners are wankers,
I met a Spurs supporter in 2007 who was a total ****, all Gooners are sound

Generalisations_r_Us

Am talking about the pressurised keg beers that were synonymous with the north east clubs , i ran a pub in london in the 70's , and the cockneys had their own keg beers that were horrible. Watneys red barrel and suchlike .
The only drinkable beer in the south was " real ale " which at that time was brewed in wooden barrels. Nowadays virtually all that is left of the keg stuff is john smiths , magnet ,boddingtons etc , crap compared to the old days.
But there are a host of really good "ales " available for those of us who don't drink lager and the south have as many uf not more than us.

There is excellent beer in London.
I answered him on that point, there is a lot of good beer in the south these days , unlike the 70/80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back