Are you cancelling / downgrading your Sky Sports package over the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the year again where the season finale is fast approaching and many customers will be downgrading their Sky Sports package, will you be one of them?

You have to give them a months notice, so I've worked out if you cancel around April 27th (next Monday) then that should see you through to May 25th and the big Championship play off final and after that, the FA Cup (not on Sky anyway) and Champions League finals are both on terrestrial TV.

For me it's a no brainer, if I can save £60 odd by not getting it back until mid August then I will. I have checked their schedule and apart from Formula 1, golf and cricket there is pretty much nowt on (I've got no interest in any of those sports anyway). Wimbledon is of course on the BBC as is the Women's football World Cup (which I probably won't watch anyway). I'm sure the US Open tennis is a lot later this year and doesn't start until September. Any decent Sky boxing is now on PPV including their decent O2 card on May 30th - if that was on regular Sky, i would have delayed for a few days, but their 2015 regular content has been absolutely abysmal on the whole.

I see the there has been no decision yet for the UK coverage of the Copa America, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sky picked this up (hopefully BT will) to at least give their many customers some sort of footy fix over the summer.

The only thing i will miss is next round of the Euro 2016 qualifiers in mid June especially Rep of Ireland vs Scotland, but I'm sure i will find a decent stream for that somewhere.

So anyway, do you plan to cancel your Sky Sports in the coming weeks or will you just see it through?

Great post bridge lad, I am cancelling. Been with them 13 yrs never asked for owt from them. I was gonna do,it at the end of the season but have taken on board what you say.

Dont have it anyway dont need it can get everything online just stream it all

Yeah that's what i'll be doing over the summer and will see how it goes to see if it is worth getting it back. Had decent streams for the Villa-QPR and Leicester-Swansea games recently, although someone said today that their stream changed to rugby when the plane was going past :lol:.

I've had a 6 month deal for £10 a month and it's due to end mid June anyway....I have to give a months notice to cancel it or it goes up to the usual tariff

Yeah that's what i'll be doing over the summer and will see how it goes to see if it is worth getting it back. Had decent streams for the Villa-QPR and Leicester-Swansea games recently, although someone said today that their stream changed to rugby when the plane was going past :lol:.
I find when the games on sky its easier to get a deacent stream tbh u get the odd hiccup but id say its fine 99% of the time

It's that time of the year again where the season finale is fast approaching and many customers will be downgrading their Sky Sports package, will you be one of them?

You have to give them a months notice, so I've worked out if you cancel around April 27th (next Monday) then that should see you through to May 25th and the big Championship play off final and after that, the FA Cup (not on Sky anyway) and Champions League finals are both on terrestrial TV.

For me it's a no brainer, if I can save £60 odd by not getting it back until mid August then I will. I have checked their schedule and apart from Formula 1, golf and cricket there is pretty much nowt on (I've got no interest in any of those sports anyway). Wimbledon is of course on the BBC as is the Women's football World Cup (which I probably won't watch anyway). I'm sure the US Open tennis is a lot later this year and doesn't start until September. Any decent Sky boxing is now on PPV including their decent O2 card on May 30th - if that was on regular Sky, i would have delayed for a few days, but their 2015 regular content has been absolutely abysmal on the whole.

I see the there has been no decision yet for the UK coverage of the Copa America, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sky picked this up (hopefully BT will) to at least give their many customers some sort of footy fix over the summer.

The only thing i will miss is next round of the Euro 2016 qualifiers in mid June especially Rep of Ireland vs Scotland, but I'm sure i will find a decent stream for that somewhere.

So anyway, do you plan to cancel your Sky Sports in the coming weeks or will you just see it through?

Defo cancelling

I love Eurosport's Tour de France coverage every July so will probably keep mine on unless Eurosport is available on another package.

I wish I could scrap the lot but I will have to keep it for the cricket.

Yeah, they definitely have a monopoly on the cricket and i haven't seen it on any other channel, so i suppose it will be mainly cricket fans keeping it with the Ashes coming up again.

There is the world matchplay darts which i would normally watch, but there is so much darts on now (a lot on ITV4) that i could miss the odd tournament here and there, although Blackpool is one of the better ones - i'll stream bit and bobs.

I've got an android box for my flat (doesn't compare to having sky sports - nowhere near as good as some will have you believe) but will be spending a lot of days/nights back at the parents over the summer and they've got Sky Sports - thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back