April Challenge - Classic Black & White photography - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
have a look at how you can change what bits are black and white using the lightroom conversion, you can alter how say all the reds in your image appear, the blues etc. Getting a properly developed digital B&W is a proper art

Logon or register to see this image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

not really. What you do in lightroom changing the mix etc is just like using colour filters on an enlarger to produce the final print. Granted, composing a shot to produce a good B&W, you need a good mix of contrasts, and textures in your composition - and this comes with time.

just found this too -

http://layersmagazine.com/create-stunning-black-and-white-images-in-lightroom.html

well after using LR now for at least 2 year i never noticed that black n white button :oops::lol:

cheers mate, just had a bit play with it there, class :-D

Struggled to choose which shot to enter this month, I entered the flowers as it also had some of the techniques I'd learned from previous months, also I fixed my coolpic7900 point n click, which is my best camera :oops:

Very close choice with this one but I didn't like the bushes at the bottom.

Logon or register to see this image

Both shots taken at Aysgarth Falls

Where has Nathan's photo of his Grandad gone? Did I imagine that? Have I been smacked up off my tits again?

I wonder if his grandad survived the arrow through the head.

Seems a bit harsh just for posing in the wrong month :lol:

Great shot, very expressive

I think the standard is much better this month. Liking the fish board and the de lorean

Shot it a few months back just got the chance to scan it etc, will take another shot if I have time and enter it got some crazy ideas that dont involve burning stuff

Shot it a few months back just got the chance to scan it etc, will take another shot if I have time and enter it got some crazy ideas that dont involve burning stuff

You'll get nowhere on here without setting light to something. I was considering a swan this month, work well in monochrome. Perhaps a few sheep as in the 'Wasp Factory'

You're going to set fire to a swan? The Queen will be after you!

I've had a word, (well pm'ed Greedy), and as long as she gets the smoldering carcass for tea she's well chuffed

In fact she's ordered one of the limited editions just on spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back