another sign of the times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

My lad did it years ago and it not only cost nothing but he was given a full kit as well. Scandalous to charge.
How did he get to become it ? Did you know someone or just luck of the draw or something ?

We've started charging? How much?

Absolute bullshit if you ask me.

I was mascot as a bairn and it was one of the highlights of my childhood. (against West Ham at Roker Park just after Bobby Moore had died and we had the minutes silence)

It was Boxing Day v Leeds in 2004. Knew a few people at the club and "got his name down" for that season. He was royally looked after by Julio and Mickey Bridges, all signed his shirt.
Class that and the bolded player is a family friend, my brother was best man at his wedding. He's a great lad and loves owt like that with the kids.

I was a mascot when I was a kid (1991) and it was a freebie in those days, the experience was better then as well. These days I think they just hold a players hand, shake hands with the opposition then go back in? We got to kick in with Colin Pascoe and fire a few balls at Tony Norman in front of The Fulwell, class memories.

Class that and the bolded player is a family friend, my brother was best man at his wedding. He's a great lad and loves owt like that with the kids.
The whole lot of them were brilliant including Mick McCarthy. Not a great day on the pitch (lost 3-2 I think) but even after it all the lads were happy to have their photo with him.

We've started charging? How much?

Absolute bullshit if you ask me.

I was mascot as a bairn and it was one of the highlights of my childhood. (against West Ham at Roker Park just after Bobby Moore had died and we had the minutes silence)
No we haven't but other clubs do.

clubs charging for mascots? i had no idea. guess i shouldn't be surprised. at least good to see we're not one of them.
Should be fu##ing ashamed of themselves. With the amount of money in the game now through TV and how much is thrown away on agents and the likes, its a crying shame how clubs can treat their future fans like this. And that goes for all clubs.

Always been class with looking out for bairns Bridges. I remember I used to go watch the Youths with me Dad at Charlie Hurley Centre on a Saturday morning. It was after he'd broken into the first team and he was just there watching his mates, he stood and signed every autograph, took photos etc etc for the whole match, and seemed overwhelmed people cared about him. Always had a massive soft spot for him after watching that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back