am i my brothers keeper ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right - it shouldn't be possible.

But it is.

Every study that has looked at GMC decisions, internal NHS disciplinary processes, Royal College Membership, etc. shows clear patterns of bias. This is just one of the most egregious examples. Some of it might be that some people have better lawyers, some might know the system a bit better, but there is systematic bias in these institutions. I've watched generations of Jr Drs go through the system, through membership exams and into consultant and GP posts. I've known people go through hell with GMC investigations. There is a clear bias in the way the system treats people. Some of it is race, but a lot of it is class.

I inherited a Dr like that in a re-organisation - everyone knew he was hopeless, but he stumbled through the system, endlessly being shuffled around, moving from primary care to public health and back again. He was utterly useless, but incredibly posh and well connected. In the end I got him moved on, but it was a hell of a job. Adam Osbourne was outside the NHS system so there was no one like me looking over his shoulder and making sure he was dealt with properly.

Adam Osbourne was treated more leniently by the GMC because of his wealth and connections. It shouldn't happen, but it does.

Well then, in this case I am mistaken in my defence of Dr. Osborne.

Well then, in this case I am mistaken in my defence of Dr. Osborne.
If I may be so bold as to offer a young man food for thought . I think your problem is that you still think these people play with the same deck as us and even the same set of rules .
There is no higher affiliation than class to these bastards, they have their fingers in all pies and medicine is no exception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back