Alvarez to cost 10.5m euros

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why we'd be forced to pay the value of a player and yet the player isn't even ours!? :lol:

Absolute mess.
Are you a bit simple? Its not a hard concept to grasp - the player was owned by Inter, he no longer is owned by Inter and that was ruled to be our fault, therefore we have to pay Inter the transfer fee. The fact he no longer is owned by us is next level amateur incompetence by us.

Are you a bit simple? Its not a hard concept to grasp - the player was owned by Inter, he no longer is owned by Inter and that was ruled to be our fault, therefore we have to pay Inter the transfer fee. The fact he no longer is owned by us is next level amateur incompetence by us.

As far as I can tell there are no links to anywhere other than the Italian press that are saying this has been decided. The Italian press have run this story half a dozen times over the last year.

We obviously felt that we had a good reason to pull out of the deal and so we did, I think the first ruling went against us but we're appealing it although I'm not even 100% certain the first hearing has actually gone ahead.

If you signed a contract to buy a car which was supposed to be in good nick and when you turned up to buy it you found it needed a new gearbox but the seller hadn't mentioned that, would you just say 'oh well, I did agree to buy it' or would you pull out of the whole deal?

As far as I can tell there are no links to anywhere other than the Italian press that are saying this has been decided. The Italian press have run this story half a dozen times over the last year.

We obviously felt that we had a good reason to pull out of the deal and so we did, I think the first ruling went against us but we're appealing it although I'm not even 100% certain the first hearing has actually gone ahead.

If you signed a contract to buy a car which was supposed to be in good nick and when you turned up to buy it you found it needed a new gearbox but the seller hadn't mentioned that, would you just say 'oh well, I did agree to buy it' or would you pull out of the whole deal?
A car buyer has protection in some countries for that. Do football clubs have the same protection for buying a player? I doubt it - buyer beware.

That's not what happened though.

We bought the car on Hire Purchase. We checked the gearbox at the time. We decided that it wasn't a very good drive a year later. Then we decided to stop payments, and tried to look for an excuse to get out of the deal. So we dumped the car by the side of the road and said it wasn't our responsibility and we didn't have to pay anything.

Meanwhile about 30m+ worth of players walked away for free /went to jail at the end of last season with not a penny back. Until we get that part right we'll never be signing players for 30 million.
This is and has been the biggest single o problem this club has. Millions after millions spent, with little or no return. Talking about this with my mates last night and they were saying we should have kept lens and giacc. Both were shite for us imo btw and many seem to have forgot what they actually offered when they were here. But, that was 16million'ish and god knows what wages, that was just wasted. The list goes on and on as well.

We bought the car on Hire Purchase. We checked the gearbox at the time. We decided that it wasn't a very good drive a year later. Then we decided to stop payments, and tried to look for an excuse to get out of the deal. So we dumped the car by the side of the road and said it wasn't our responsibility and we didn't have to pay anything.

The latest reports are saying that the reason we pulled out is that Inter knew Alvarez had a knee injury that would need surgery but never told us.

I know it was previously said that the reason we pulled out of the deal was because they didn't allow him to have the surgery.

I'm not sure which is true but we obviously believed we had a good case otherwise we wouldn't have gone down the legal route and let him leave for free. Either way it doesn't look like anything's been decided yet, so hopefully we win our case.

This is and has been the biggest single o problem this club has. Millions after millions spent, with little or no return. Talking about this with my mates last night and they were saying we should have kept lens and giacc. Both were shite for us imo btw and many seem to have forgot what they actually offered when they were here. But, that was 16million'ish and god knows what wages, that was just wasted. The list goes on and on as well.
Look at me.

I have mates...

This whole club is like a piss poor soap opera where you would think the writers were high on drugs if you documented the going ons and tried to make a film out of them.
Stems to what I said on a different post about Ellis. He has armed himself with complete novices and sadly he will pay the price. The director of football role was a complete farce

whilst the car was on lease, it developed a fault which the owners refused to fix

How is it our fault if Inter chose to let him go? He went to Sampdoria after he was here you condescending prat. They could have included him in their squad.

Yes it's a mess but if the lad needed an operation and Inter would not give us the green light to proceed with it, does that not make a mockery of the situation?

It's obvious that we were shafted on the transfer fee. No wonder Inter are kicking up so much fuss. He's not worth 4m euros, never mind £10.5m.

Last edited:

Doubtless the car, whilst sitting idle at the side of the road, watched us spend zillions on clapped out Vivas, and Allegro s , and will now be suing for hurt feelings, and loss of income. Thats the January transfer kitty gone.

Absolutely perfect explanation!

of course uncle Ellis had now't to do with it :lol:

Did I say he didn't?

The point is he's having to get involved because whoever he seems to employ is f***ing dreadful in their supposed area of expertise. There have been so many now it says more about the shitehawks and fly by night merchants infesting the game than about an amateur having to micromanage every aspect of his club because he can't trust anyone any more.

Did I say he didn't?

The point is he's having to get involved because whoever he seems to employ is f***ing dreadful in their supposed area of expertise. There have been so many now it says more about the shitehawks and fly by night merchants infesting the game than about an amateur having to micromanage every aspect of his club because he can't trust anyone any more.

And you can add his name to the list anarl

And you can add his name to the list anarl

Most owners would have buggered off by now. We've seen it at plenty of clubs. The money tap gets switched off - that's zero money spent on anything, not what PF seems to think it means - and clubs are left to their fate.

Most owners would have buggered off by now. We've seen it at plenty of clubs. The money tap gets switched off - that's zero money spent on anything, not what PF seems to think it means - and clubs are left to their fate.
The money isn't the real issue with me mate, (however it clearly seems to be an issue) its his shear lack of understanding on how a football club should run and the repeat of employing people clearly out of the depth is just plan wrong. we've got no clear plan and we seem to rinse and repeat every season, the mans clearly just not up to the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back