Alvarez to cost 10.5m euros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sums up the shambles that is Ellis Short.

Bring in a Director of Football model that was never going to work.

Populate that model with feckless idiots and chancers like De Fanti, Congerton, and Byrne.

Do a deal for an Argentinian international on the never never.

Listen to your clueless CEO that you can get out of that deal, telling yourself that the CEO is a lawyer, even though her legal expertise seems to amount to trainee solicitor pleas for drunkards on a Friday night in Letterkenny.

Then when you have ripped up that model, and spent £10m on an Argentinian international without getting the player, just knock it off the transfer budget of the club, when rivals are spending £30m on strikers.
The dof model can work

The latest reports are saying that the reason we pulled out is that Inter knew Alvarez had a knee injury that would need surgery but never told us.

I know it was previously said that the reason we pulled out of the deal was because they didn't allow him to have the surgery.

I'm not sure which is true but we obviously believed we had a good case otherwise we wouldn't have gone down the legal route and let him leave for free. Either way it doesn't look like anything's been decided yet, so hopefully we win our case.
He would have or should have had full medical with us. Therefore if he was a sick note it should have been spotted by medics

I think some of us will just wait for an official source on this one. It's possible they know something, but just as likely that they are full of shit.

I cant imagine this ever appearing on SAFC.com. Its hardly likely that the club will admit on their own website that they've shelled out £10.5m for a player who didn't join the club and subsequently signed on a free transfer elsewhere!

I cant imagine this ever appearing on SAFC.com. Its hardly likely that the club will admit on their own website that they've shelled out £10.5m for a player who didn't join the club and subsequently signed on a free transfer elsewhere!

The decisions made by the court are published. They haven't published their decision yet so the Mail etc are speculating. In the next set of accounts it should be possible to identify any payments made too.

Is this even real ?

No

Love people blaming short for this :)

Well he is the owner of the club and responsible for appointing the CEO/board. It's happened under his watch.

If it was a one off or we were performing well it would be forgiven but we're making mistakes and failing to perform throughout the club. Both on the field and off it.

It's not acceptable.

Well he is the owner of the club and responsible for appointing the CEO/board. It's happened under his watch.

If it was a one off or we were performing well it would be forgiven but we're making mistakes and failing to perform throughout the club. Both on the field and off it.

It's not acceptable.

Aye, he does everything like.

Heard someone left some unwashed pots in the sink over the weekend. Short wants shooting for letting it happen under his watch.

It's not acceptable.

Crowd funding for your new crayons?

How is it our fault if Inter chose to let him go? He went to Sampdoria after he was here you condescending prat. They could have included him in their squad.

Yes it's a mess but if the lad needed an operation and Inter would not give us the green light to proceed with it, does that not make a mockery of the situation?

It's obvious that we were shafted on the transfer fee. No wonder Inter are kicking up so much fuss. He's not worth 4m euros, never mind £10.5m.
Inter made it clear that per the terms of the agreement he was no longer their player. We contested this and neither club assumed ownership and the poor lad was stuck. He then had to get permission to break out of the mess so he could continue his career. Inter did not "choose to let him go".

If the lad needed an operation, why did this not show up in our medical at the time? If it did - or the injury occurred during the actual loan, why was it not written explicitly in the loan agreement?

The transfer fee was part of the loan agreement. If we got shafted, it was our own fault. Again.

Inter made it clear that per the terms of the agreement he was no longer their player. We contested this and neither club assumed ownership and the poor lad was stuck. He then had to get permission to break out of the mess so he could continue his career. Inter did not "choose to let him go".

If the lad needed an operation, why did this not show up in our medical at the time? If it did - or the injury occurred during the actual loan, why was it not written explicitly in the loan agreement?

The transfer fee was part of the loan agreement. If we got shafted, it was our own fault. Again.

He needed an operation following an injury he sustained whilst playing for us.

Inter could have held into him if they wished. They realised he wasn't good enough and knew they would not get anywhere near that sort of money for him.

Crowd funding for your new crayons?

That doesn't even make sense. You're thick as fuck.

maybe. but what about the other end? FIFA themselves? as has been said, at the end it will show up in the accounts if no official statements come out so I will wait until then to decide. I assume you believe it is true.

My question to you is this - will you feel embarrassed if it turns out that in fact we have not lost this case? (sorry if you are not one of the posters shouting from the rooftops at how shit the club is - I haven't checked your post history on this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back