Alti-Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborgwithattitude

Central Defender
Headline Sunday morning,
Ok it's been said countless times but it's my turn now.
Jozy off the bench with 10-15 left goes down just inside the box as he's about to slice a shot.
Takes ownership of the situation and drills it home, well done Jozy lad!!

Headline Sunday morning,
Jozy off the bench with 10-15 left goes down just inside the box as he's about to slice a shot.
Lay off the meth

Headline Sunday morning,

Wish some bugger would take ownership of him …as far away from Sunderland as possible.

Arnly one box jozy might go down on saturday and it aint at SOL
:lol:
Look ,,,,, we can rebuild ... (His confidence) I think this long break out of the team has him chomping at the bit and Gus has had a good chat to him. He should get 10 mins if it's still to play for and I've just got a feeling that when he thinks about balls in the box, he's thinking about the big round white one this time.;)

:lol:
Look ,,,,, we can rebuild ... (His confidence) I think this long break out of the team has him chomping at the bit and Gus has had a good chat to him. He should get 10 mins if it's still to play for and I've just got a feeling that when he thinks about balls in the box, he's thinking about the big round white one this time.;)
If it was up to me and a handful fans he should start after the debacle and not off the bench. Interesting stats for you non believers despite the horrible stint he is having with us.

Jozy: 232 Games 75 Goals Average 3.09 games per goal

DG: 111 Games 17 Goals Average 6.52 games per goal

Wickham: 154 Games 35 Goals Average 4.4 games per goal

Fletcher: 357 Games 106 Goals Average 3.36 games per goal

And this is with the goal drought in Sunderland included. Some will argue that most of his goals came in the Dutch & US League which is much more inferior and this is true. But more than half (24 goals) came from Wickham in the Championship and (43 goals) for Fletcher came from Scottish league which I rank equivalent if not lower than the Dutch or MLS. Point is at this stage we have nothing to lose as stats wise he is our best chance.

If it was up to me and a handful fans he should start after the debacle and not off the bench. Interesting stats for you non believers despite the horrible stint he is having with us.

And this is with the goal drought in Sunderland included. Some will argue that most of his goals came in the Dutch & US League which is much more inferior and this is true. But more than half (24 goals) came from Wickham in the Championship and (43 goals) for Fletcher came from Scottish league which I rank equivalent if not lower than the Dutch or MLS. Point is at this stage we have nothing to lose as stats wise he is our best chance.

It would be interesting (or frightening, probably!) to see a minutes:goal ratio as a Sunderland player in the Premier League.

Ok JS So can we just have the premier league stats then...just to rule out all arguments of any other leagues and their relative quality?

CW 7/51 = 7.29 apps/goal
SF 46/149 = 3.24 apps/goal
JA 2/61 = 30.5 apps/goal
DG 17/99 = 5.82 apps/goal

Wiki - done on total appearances

Have you seen his performances for us?

10/10 on the stats. Care to explain how Jozy has 232 games and DG only 111 games. What weird and wonderful selective criteria did you use to work these out?

10/10 on the stats. Care to explain how Jozy has 232 games and DG only 111 games. What weird and wonderful selective criteria did you use to work these out?
Good findings...asked my secretary to do this and she (obviously not a Football fan) mistakenly took 361 games and 111 goals as 111 games. It makes more sense as DG now has a respectable 3.29 games per goal ratio. In this case he ranks second behind Jozy on goals per game. How odd the two bench warmers are actually on stats alone better than our marvelous duo strikers. For the record Ronaldo and Messi have an amazing 1.4 game and 1.2 game per goal ratio.

Good findings...asked my secretary to do this and she (obviously not a Football fan) mistakenly took 361 games and 111 goals as 111 games. It makes more sense as DG now has a respectable 3.29 games per goal ratio. In this case he ranks second behind Jozy on goals per game. How odd the two bench warmers are actually on stats alone better than our marvelous duo strikers. For the record Ronaldo and Messi have an amazing 1.4 game and 1.2 game per goal ratio.

So you'd have Graham and Altidore playing ahead of Fletcher and Wickham?

I wish Jozy well in his endeavours - he's our player so there is no point pontificating about his plight, whatever will be, will be :neutral:

Right you can hate Wickham and that's fine but how biased must you be to want GRAHAM AND ALTIDORE. 1 premier league goal BETWEEN THEM in probably 50 ish games combined for us. You must be a total idiot.
Not being biased at all lad. And contrary, I don't hate Wickham and merely pointing out with the little talent he had, has regressed due to his attitude. The thing I dislike about a player is not their playing ability but not knowing it's a honor to be putting on a shirt tot represent the adoring fans who had to endure many shit years of football and yet support the team. Take players like Henderson, Scott Parker, JS Park and Darren Fletcher. Average players with less ability than Wickham at a young age, but all 4 have earned their respect for keeping their mouth shut, hard work and doing best with their limited ability to become strong contributors to their team.. Wickham will never contribute the team and the story must be true that he is the last at practice and first to leave. As for Altidore and Graham after the 8 nil spanking, even to send a message might just send in the player who hardly play. Remember same thing was said about our Connor when he wasn't scoring and oh for your information CW lags behind these two in total goals and goals per game and useless having him on the wing anyway. Yes you can call me an idiot but will stand by these words and never will curse you in return so you may come back with a rebuttal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back