Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peaknutt

Striker
Anyone still play this? Think I learnt more about history from playing this game as a bairn than my history teacher ever thought me! Some really good educational campaigns like William Wallace, Joan of Arc, Saladin, Genghis Khan etc.

Logon or register to see this image

My favourite game would usually be a regicide on Islands playing as Britons against 7 other opponents. Loved producing longbowmen like. Liked playing as Persians too because of the War Elephants.

Wow thats a blast from the past, wierdly I used to do the same as you, islands map, regicide & playing the britons! I used to have it on the playstation. I think you can get it on steam still

Used to have the demo to this, only drawbacks were limited campaigns and inability to advance to the imperial age.

Would never hunt deer unless I *really* needed food. Felt sorry for them. Sent my villagers to those berry bushes instead.

Also had the full version of its predecessor, Rise of Rome. Brilliant.

Age of Empires 2 was absolutely class. Has to be in my top 10 of all time, it was so much fun. The expansion was awesome too (Conquerors)

Although saying that, I don't know which I enjoyed more - Age of Empires 2 or Age of Mythology. Still have it on disc somewhere, might have to dig it out. I did buy it on PS2 after I had it on PC but it wasn't quite as good.

I remember when I used to use Gamespy to play it online, it was pretty dam annoying being rushed after 2 minutes. That's not how war works at all :lol: I prefer to bide my time, build up resources, an army and strike in one go... not be a little bitch and catch the opposition off guard. The custom games were quality though, starting off with a ton of resources etc.

Age of Empires 3 was a massive disappointment imo though, totally different feel and it doesn't seem right with the addition of a few guns.

there was always the cheat for the sports car which fired the lasers aswell when ya just wanted to fuck shit up.

I downloaded AOE III the other day but can't get it to work on Windows 7

Absolutely LOVE Age of Empires II. One of the best games ever. Hope the following means something to some of you;

Greeten, Chopper, Rogen, Digh, Echwillem, Battal!

Was playing on it just last week, I always end up cheating though and just building a fuck off massive wall around me town

Absolutely LOVE Age of Empires II. One of the best games ever. Hope the following means something to some of you;

Greeten, Chopper, Rogen, Digh, Echwillem, Battal!

Chopper is the one that sticks out there - you're talking about villagers aren't you. Age of Mythology had better ones.. like vulame, prosehey, mandartan.

The best sound in the aoe2 is the villager creation one...

"sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh haw" :lol:

Chopper is the one that sticks out there - you're talking about villagers aren't you. Age of Mythology had better ones.. like vulame, prosehey, mandartan.

The best sound in the aoe2 is the villager creation one...

"sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh haw" :lol:

Funny how sounds are almost more evocative than the graphics.

I couldn't resist using that 'Photonman' cheat which gave you a storm trooper type guy with a laser gun. I'd use the cheat loads and build an army of the fuckers...gets boring after you win the war after about 5 seconds though.

How easy would this be to download and play without fuckin on

No idea but I'd recommend Age of Empires Online. It's a Free to play MMORTSRPG :lol: It is decent for a free game - lots of content and missions.. they do have sort of an item shop where you can choose to pay for the Premium version of the civilizations but it doesn't stop the enjoyment of playing it for free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back