Adrian Durham says........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say you did say there was a problem.
What I'm saying is that in a discussion about teams around the bottom what do you want him to say? Shall he stick his neck out and say Liverpool? :lol:

Well, as you ask, the bare minimum ....... he's just saying what a recently arrived alien could manage.

You, me and everyone in the world know we're more likely to go down than win the league.

It takes absolutely no insight, intelligence or knowledge.

Yet the people who state the obvious seem to believe they're saying something we don't already know.

If I'm wrong about any of his I really don't care ....... if what he says means something to you then that's your problem.

I didn't say you did say there was a problem.
What I'm saying is that in a discussion about teams around the bottom what do you want him to say? Shall he stick his neck out and say Liverpool? :lol:
Any team in the bottom half could end up in a relegation battle.

Along with the 3 teans that came up, Sunderland are the team most likely to go down this season. He quoted last nights defeat and lack of quality in the squad.

I don't know who he is and as such I don't give a fuck what he says. come on guys, get a fuckin' grip.

Well, as you ask, the bare minimum ....... he's just saying what a recently arrived alien could manage.

You, me and everyone in the world know we're more likely to go down than win the league.

It takes absolutely no insight, intelligence or knowledge.

Yet the people who state the obvious seem to believe they're saying something we don't already know.

If I'm wrong about any of his I really don't care ....... if what he says means something to you then that's your problem.
So anyone in a punditry role should keep opinions on relegation candidates to the bare minimum?
Whys that? It's part and parcel of the game and is reasonable enough basis for discussion. Anyone predicting the relegation spots will say we'll be there or there abouts just as anyone discussing the title race will throw man city and Chelsea in mix. Of course it's not rocket science but if that's what being debated then I don't see any issue with giving your opinion and reasons why.

So anyone in a punditry role should keep opinions on relegation candidates to the bare minimum?
Whys that? It's part and parcel of the game and is reasonable enough basis for discussion. Anyone predicting the relegation spots will say we'll be there or there abouts just as anyone discussing the title race will throw man city and Chelsea in mix. Of course it's not rocket science but if that's what being debated then I don't see any issue with giving your opinion and reasons why.

That's not anywhere near what I'm saying, just more hair splitting and assumption.

He can say whatever he likes, whatever he's paid to say and whatever the gullible saps will soak up.

But stating the blindingly obvious takes absolutely no insight, knowledge or football expertise.

The top clubs are the top clubs, the strugglers are the strugglers and there's a bit of competition in the middle.

No one in my local could do a worse job than Durham ...... or do you believe he's any better than you?

That's not anywhere near what I'm saying, just more hair splitting and assumption.

He can say whatever he likes, whatever he's paid to say and whatever the gullible saps will soak up.

But stating the blindingly obvious takes absolutely no insight, knowledge or football expertise.

The top clubs are the top clubs, the strugglers are the strugglers and there's a bit of competition in the middle.

No one in my local could do a worse job than Durham ...... or do you believe he's any better than you?
So what are you saying?
Claiming man city or Chelsea will be vying for the title takes no knowledge and stating the obvious but when the title race is being discussed all the pundits will name them.
Durham has no more insight than me or you, he's just a bloke doing a job on a radio station, a lot of time I think he talks utter drivel but on this occasion I fail to see what he's meant to say if the discussion is relegation and he believes we are most likely after the promoted three.
It's a non story really yet posters seem to be getting knickers in twist over it.

We have dodged bullets for the last 3 seasons, as did Wigan and we all know what happened to them. They're all just saying what the see, a pattern. Without investment you go down. And we all know monies hasn't been spend well here over the last 3 seasons. The squad doesn't lie. I think we are in trouble and Durham isn't going to be far off.

So what are you saying?
Claiming man city or Chelsea will be vying for the title takes no knowledge and stating the obvious but when the title race is being discussed all the pundits will name them.
Durham has no more insight than me or you, he's just a bloke doing a job on a radio station, a lot of time I think he talks utter drivel but on this occasion I fail to see what he's meant to say if the discussion is relegation and he believes we are most likely after the promoted three.
It's a non story really yet posters seem to be getting knickers in twist over it.

You do ....... I haven't seen anyone do anything but take the piss, hardly getting their knickers in a twist unless you're desperate to see it that way :rolleyes:

We have dodged bullets for the last 3 seasons, as did Wigan and we all know what happened to them. They're all just saying what the see, a pattern. Without investment you go down. And we all know monies hasn't been spend well here over the last 3 seasons. The squad doesn't lie. I think we are in trouble and Durham isn't going to be far off.[/QUOTE]

Yes he's expertly spotted that a team that finished near the bottom 3 might be near that again ........ he's a football genius and no mistake :lol:

You do ....... I haven't seen anyone do anything but take the piss, hardly getting their knickers in a twist unless you're desperate to see it that way :rolleyes:
Given the numerous personal insults aimed at him I'd suggest it's irked one or two. Unless of course you're desperate not to see it :rolleyes:

Given the numerous personal insults aimed at him of suggest it's irked one or two. Unless of course you're desperate not to see it :rolleyes:

I think that's because he's a dislikeable person .......... nowt to do with his inane & obvious football ramblings.

He'd be just as dislikeable, to many, if he was presenting a cookery show.

You really need to develop the ability to discern the difference .......... it would save you lots of needless posts.

I think that's because he's a dislikeable person .......... nowt to do with his inane & obvious football ramblings.

He'd be just as dislikeable, to many, if he was presenting a cookery show.

You really need to develop the ability to discern the difference .......... it would save you lots of needless posts.
Just a coincidence posters decided to vent their spleen because it was sunderland he mentioned as big relegation candidates then? :lol:
You really need to develop the ability to work this out mind. It would save you a lot of needless posts :rolleyes:

Just a coincidence posters decided to vent their spleen because it was sunderland he mentioned as big relegation candidates then? :lol:
You really need to develop the ability to work this out mind. It would save you a lot of needless posts :rolleyes:

This is a Sunderland board man, hadn't you noticed :lol:

Do you think they'd comment if he was talking about Villa or Brentford?

Dear me, you couldn't make some of this shit up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back