Access road by Aquatic Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebolton

Winger
I come this way as I park near the Peugot garage.

On the club site it says...
Sunderland supporters who use the emergency access road parallel to the Aquatic Centre as a short cut to access the stadium area on foot are also advised that this area will be closed off during the movement of visiting supporters in and out of the stadium.

Anyone got any idea of the closure times ?
I would normally walk down about 30 minutes before kick off

If you sit in the North stand you will need to use a different turnstile anyway, I think. So you might hace to walj round regardless. Could be wrong like.

Sunderland supporters who use the emergency access road parallel to the Aquatic Centre as a short cut to access the stadium area on foot are also advised that this area will be closed off during the movement of visiting supporters in and out of the stadium.

Got no chance - their buses will be in by then

From the information, am I right in thinking that if we are walking from Southwick we will have to walk past the Aquatic Centre and across past the ticket office to get to the East Stand?

From the information, am I right in thinking that if we are walking from Southwick we will have to walk past the Aquatic Centre and across past the ticket office to get to the East Stand?

Or just take a shortcut and use the abandoned mine route. It saves at least 10mins.

Fucks sake man. All this hassle from the police, for just a load of daft Mags. You'd think we were welcoming the Germans from Schindlers List.

Was wondering that myself, usually walk down newcastle road and past croziers chippie - but I take it I will have to walk all the way down and then back round through the car park?

Was wondering that myself, usually walk down newcastle road and past croziers chippie - but I take it I will have to walk all the way down and then back round through the car park?

I wouldn't think so - no restrictions beyond the stadium area. After Croziers just cut through to behind the Colliery tavern and cross over past the ticket office. More or less my normal route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back