A Sikh guy at work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know it's petty but I fuckin hate it when people bless me when I sneeze. Don't even know why but it just annoys the shit out of me, just let me sneeze without thinking I need blessed.

Well apparently when you sneeze you are at the most vulnerable to possession. So the blessings help you. Stop being so ungrateful.

Top folk who fought for us during the war

I met an older Sikh bloke once who was very pro British and told me he had even written to the queen cos he was a bit pissed off that the Sikhs didn't have their own regiment in the army the way the Gurkhas do and he wanted it started.

Possibly but it's just annoying. Then there's the added pressure of having to thank them for annoying you. An enjoyable experience of a sneeze can turn into an absolute nightmare.

Apparently 4 sneezes in a row, the body releases the same amount of endorphin's as a orgasm..........Pass the pepper please.

Why don't we say bless you when people fart ? If a demon was going to come out of anywhere it would be your ringpiece.

...just sneezed and I instinctively said 'bless you' to him. He's a top bloke, so I'm sure he wasn't bothered, but what's the culturally perspicacious SMB's opinion on this? Was I in the wrong? Should I have thought before speaking? Does it not matter?

Nah, get over it you over reacting hunchback.

Did you just say "bless you" or did you say "Catholic blessings upon you, you heathen, perhaps now you may see the light and embrace the love of our Lord saviour, Jesus Christ"? Because if it was just the first one, I'm sure you'll be fine.
:lol:

Slightly off topic but I always used to like the inclusive way Dave Allen used to end his shows "Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you"
He was an atheist himself iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back